Share This Page:

Royal marine recruit training

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
azard9330

Royal marine recruit training

Post by azard9330 »

I doupt anyone on this site will remember me as i havent posted in a long time but i was going on this site before i joined and now im in week 24 so any questions ask away
psychometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview- passed
medical- passed
pjft- passed
prmc- passed
rt- 5th of november
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

Good effort mate, keep it up, not long now! What unit you hoping to get to?
We are what we do
azard9330

Post by azard9330 »

im hoping for 40 and should get it really as everyones wants 42 n 45 but still got final ex to do yet though that aint gonna be so fun
psychometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview- passed
medical- passed
pjft- passed
prmc- passed
rt- 5th of november
southernsun

Post by southernsun »

azard9330 wrote:im hoping for 40 and should get it really as everyones wants 42 n 45 but still got final ex to do yet though that aint gonna be so fun
Howcome they all want to go to 42 & 45?
RM Recruiting Officer

Post by RM Recruiting Officer »

Because they are going to Afghanistan next, it's good to know that the Recruits are keen to get stuck in asap! Best of luck with the rest of training.
Artist

Post by Artist »

RM Recruiting Officer wrote:Because they are going to Afghanistan next, it's good to know that the Recruits are keen to get stuck in asap! Best of luck with the rest of training.
I kid you not people. My hat goes off to all the lads and lasses serving today in the armed forces.

In my day we knew as Bootnecks that we would get at least one tour in Northern Ireland at the height of the troubles plus the odd trip to some foreign location such as Cyprus in 1974 when the Turks invaded the place, or the Oman/Radfan for a few months. Later lots of us went on this fully paid for cruise to the South Atlantic.........Which was nice! :D

But these days guys n girls are passing out of training and finding themselves in the deep stuff a week after the shout "To your duties carry on" was issued. As I've said my hat goes off to all who serve in the forces these days. You will do for me people.

My generation had it easy I reckon.

Artist
Brummielad

Post by Brummielad »

Nice to hear how eager they are to get stuck into things especially the way things have been lately.

Good Luck in Training
wannabe_rock

Post by wannabe_rock »

Artist,

What a nice sentiment. The young men and women who serve today do prove that not everyone under the age of 25 is a binge drinking, hoodie wearing thug.

It's not very often someone from an older generation makes a statement. No offence buddy, and apologies for the sweeping statement.
"It is easier and more effective to destroy the enemy's aerial power by destroying his nests and eggs on the ground than to hunt his flying birds in the air." - General Giulio Douhet

Some Of The Best RAF Fighters Operate On The Ground!
justin-T

Post by justin-T »

i'd like to add on to what wannabe, im 16 years old and I have my PRMC in less than 2 weeks time and all the people i know are actually also doing other things with their lives, i live in a rough area and to all my knowlodge there is quite a few young people that are my age that are gonig for either Royal Navy,Royal Marines and The REME, and my cousin is 17 and he has alrde done one yr with the REME. So i respectall them young people that are not drinking and thugs and actually doing something by going into the forces and helping,

All my respect goes to everyone that has served or is serving for all armed forces
Application Submitted: 21/05/08
Physometric Test: 23/05/08 PASSED
Eye Test: 03/06/08 PASSED
Interview: 18/06/08 PASSED
Medical:23/06/08 PASSED
PJFT: 27/06/08 PASSED
PRMC : 04/08/08 - 07/08/08
The D Man

Post by The D Man »

Uhh... Drinkin aint really a vice if you ask me.
smudger289

Post by smudger289 »

The D Man wrote:Uhh... Drinkin aint really a vice if you ask me.
Well they're not asking you..

they're simply saying that not all teenagers are shitbags, :roll:

but i see where your coming from, theres a difference to drinking in a social enviroment and behaving your self, to gettin rat arsed and putting bus stops through...slightly off topic :wink:

good effort azard,

:wink:
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/butterbeanbootneck/smudger.jpg[/img]
INJURED!!
. . . . . . . . .