Share This Page:

Whos doing what for training??

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Tatanka

Whos doing what for training??

Post by Tatanka »

Hi there...

I need some help on getting back into the swing of things..

After the last time I feel sick trying to lose the extra weight and train.. Now I am looking to follow through but need some advice..

Any ideas for me???

Ben
There is no muff too tough, we dive at five!

Application: 15th Jan
Psychometrics: 30th Jan PASSED
Eye Test: PASSED
Interview: 8th Feb PASSED
Medical: 8th Feb PASSED
Fitness Test: ???
803troop

Post by 803troop »

Would you like to add some detail to your post?

What did you do before?

What are you goals?

What are you doing now?

Why are you feeling sick or having trouble motivating yourself to train?

Baz
Tatanka

Post by Tatanka »

I dream of getting my green lid..

I have been for my interview, passed my psychometrics and got the clean bill of health but was told my BMI was too high..

I started training even harder and then fell sick due to lack of food intake and exhaustion.

Now I am back and ready to take on the challenge again but with a more mature head...

I need to know how to drop my BMI without falling into the trap of sickness again..

I am a healthy eater..
I don't drink that much..
I play plenty of sport and train in a fitness gym..

Any ideas???
There is no muff too tough, we dive at five!

Application: 15th Jan
Psychometrics: 30th Jan PASSED
Eye Test: PASSED
Interview: 8th Feb PASSED
Medical: 8th Feb PASSED
Fitness Test: ???
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Can I just point out that BMI is not a completely accurate measurement of health. Rugby players for example often have a high BMI but I wouldn't want to be chased by one unless I had motorised transport with a LOT of fuel in the tank :o

Are you fit and healthy but just a heavy fella or are you my blobbys underpart? (no I'm not PC :x) ;)
steveg16

Post by steveg16 »

How much are you wanting to lose mate? I have always been a bit of a lanky git so can't really help you much. However, when I notice I am getting a bit of a beer belly running really does the trick. Whether it's on the road or at the gym on a treadmill, just take it easy to begin with.
Steve
smudger289

Post by smudger289 »

I probably speak for a few people on here, atm

my routine is work, sleep eat and get pissed and i manage to fit training in around 2 jobs, im not as fit as i used to be , but ive kept it upstairs where it counts,

I was amazed on one RMAD as this Fat bloke whizzed past me and coughed his lung onto the tarmac then dusted off his green lid and placed it back on his head,

I think that if you get it into your head that you can't drink this or eat that you'll suffer, you need a good social life to release stress,

To quote my old college work, fitness/health is the perfect state of personal, physical and MENTAL wellbeing, being free from injuries and illness..or something along those lines...and

Use The search button, there's hundreds of magical circuits on here to show you what you should be doing..

My two pennies for the week

:wink:
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/butterbeanbootneck/smudger.jpg[/img]
INJURED!!
. . . . . . . . .
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Hi there.
It sounds like you've come along way and you want to take on the training. You've also asked for help and MFaT has alot of help on it. There is absolutely tonnes of info on this website. Use the search button and you'll get a lot of things answered as I'd say about 98% of questions have been asked before.
However, I'll try and help you out here ok.

Everyone seems to have missed your problem - sickness.

I'm going on the pretext that you don't have a medical problem ok. Sickness generally occurs during intense peroids of exercise due to a lack of blood sugar. So make sure you're eating ok and don't eat anything 1-2hours before exercise otherwise you could end up being sick because your body will struggle to metabolise the food it's breaking down and work well enough for exercise at the same time. If you must, then have a banana or a bottle of Lucozade or some other energy drink to top up the glucose in your blood stream.
The other reason is from over-doing it when you train.

It's actually quite difficult to answer that question as no one here can get an accurate assessment of how fit you really are. These are just some suggestions and it's up to you to decide what's causing it.

If however you're getting a mile down the road and being sick then you really need to take a step back and really think about how to train correctly so you can make it without being sick.

Throwing up during training is a horrible feeling but you can get used to it. I think most of us have experienced it at one time or another. But if you're fit enough and you just stop because you're sick, try and carry on a bit more ok. You will find that it eventually gets easier.

This is all pure speculation as to why you're throwing up but I hope it may have shed some light on your problem.

Any questions regarding training or anything else, you're more than welcome to PM me ok.

All the best.
Last edited by AJtothemax on Mon 31 Mar, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Illustrious wrote:Can I just point out that BMI is not a completely accurate measurement of health. Rugby players for example often have a high BMI but I wouldn't want to be chased by one unless I had motorised transport with a LOT of fuel in the tank :o
Quoted for ultimate truth.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Artist

Re: Whos doing what for training??

Post by Artist »

Tatanka wrote:Hi there...

I need some help on getting back into the swing of things..

After the last time I feel sick trying to lose the extra weight and train.. Now I am looking to "follow through" but need some advice..

Any ideas for me???

Ben
If you really want to "Follow Through" then eat a full bar of Ex Lax Chocolate in one sitting. Bloke on my messdeck on Fearless used to Proff other peoples bars of Chocolate from the Messdeck Fridge so we bought some Bournville dark chocolate and scraped away the back of the bar and then melted in a bar of Ex Lax. A bit was snapped off the Bournville bar and the rest was left in the fridge.

Come 2 in the morning Jock Murray staggered onto the messdeck, opened the fridge and had away the doctored bar of Bournville. Long story short he was four days in the ships sickbay shitting for Britain! :D

Come day two of Jock pissing though his arse this Jock Petty Officer MA came down to the messdeck and asked us "Boys, boys juist whit the fecking hill has you given yon wee poor laddy? He's lost nearly two stone already and is still shitting like a Coo!" We all burst out laughing but didn't tell the POMA what it was that Jock had yaffeled.

When he came back to the messdeck Jock had lost just over 3 stone in weight and looked like he'd spent a week in Belsan! Tam Wight the Messdeck Cpl told Jock to steer clear of other peoples Nutty bars in future. "Fair Do's Tam Arll niver touch the choccy agin!" And he didn't, bless him.

Artist