Share This Page:

Right im back for LWEL.......

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
marcus2007

Right im back for LWEL.......

Post by marcus2007 »

Hi guys, I've just came back from my 3rd week of RT for my long weekend leave. All I can say, in a nutshell, is that every thing is fast and furious. Foundation was pretty easy looking back now, lots of admin, which at the time was a massive shock. But give it a week or so and it starts to become second nature. It is enjoyable once you get everything sorted however, just as long as you wash your kit ASAP and get it into the drying room straight away. We got a couple of hours off on the first weekend which was nice, and we managed to get more than 6 hours sleep. All fairness though, its pretty good once you get out of Foundation and into the 6 man rooms, although we have 1 Beefer in there who is extremely annoying. Phys is intense, but doesn't last long, although you are blowing out of your backside for a bit. Exercise First Step is a good night out, just a exciting camping trip, but even more fun in the cold :lol:

Anyway, just dropping a bell to say all is well and good and shall see you soon!
Week 6 of RM Training (7/1/2008)

956 Troop

Think of the worst, hope for the best...
ofens

Post by ofens »

Thanks for the post mate, interesting and encouraging to read as I am starting on Monday!
And glad to hear it's going well for you.
Any last minute tips...anyone...? :D
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
marcus2007

Post by marcus2007 »

Hmmm, just dont let it get to you. When you have 4 rigs to wash and iron, dont worry, just do it!

Oh and by the way you now only spend 1 week in foundation block, because they want to get your troop in before Christmas.

But don't worry because you will still be doing the Foundation phase, just in a different block :D

Although my mighty troop had to spend 2 weeks in the thing :evil:

956 Troop

d-mac

Post by d-mac »

Marcus should'nt you be out on the lash or something (involving car bonnets) rather than sitting at a computer :lol:

good to hear your enjoying it, got any dirt on Chris yet?
marcus2007

Post by marcus2007 »

Haha no mate im going to have a few soon!

Hmmm, Chris is in my room, but no, he hasnt done anything yet!

956 Troop