Share This Page:

WRAPPED!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
ChrisBell

WRAPPED!

Post by ChrisBell »

Hello all been a while since i posted here but as you may have worked out i have wrapped on training at week 12, was in 944 troop. Why i here you ask....well not to sure myself really im annoyed i did but also not annoyed to. The worst thing about leaving is missing your oppos as you do make great mates. In strange way i even miss being flanked!! I became quite an expert on flankings! I think i will go back in but not for abit yet. Oh chak 3 section were the best at cleaning! Any questions i'll gladly answer.
Chris_Manchester

Post by Chris_Manchester »

why did you quit?
FPGRM
S Squadron
ChrisBell

Post by ChrisBell »

Chris_Manchester wrote:why did you quit?
Well to put it bluntly the training beat me. I just didn't adjust as well. I think i could crack it if i went in again(easy to say in hindsight) but it is the hardest 12 weeks i have ever worked. Its all a frame of mind when your there, and my mind wasn't in it.
maritime_marine

Post by maritime_marine »

What was your day to day life in foundation and then after that? Ive seemed to get an image in my head of just constant PT all day. I just started a post about poor swimming but did you have any in your troop when you started?
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.
ChrisBell

Post by ChrisBell »

maritime_marine wrote:What was your day to day life in foundation and then after that? Ive seemed to get an image in my head of just constant PT all day. I just started a post about poor swimming but did you have any in your troop when you started?
No its not constant P.t all day! You get up have a dohbi, get scran. clean the accommodation. Then the day is split up into periods of 8-9 ranging from P.T (swimming or cardio or strength) Then you get alot of lectures where its a trial to stay awake but you get used to it. Usually at the start of training your just getting your admin cracked but as time goes on you get quicker and have more time to yourself. As for the swimming i wasn't a great swimmer but they give you training while the rest of the troop does there stuff. My problem was i was shit at breaststroke as id mainly do front crawl so had to take time to get that sorted. Ideally before you start get to a decent level so you don't miss out on what the rest of the troop do in swimming as its a great workout. But if you go in being not so good dont get bogged down just do what the P.T.I s say!
Chris_Manchester

Post by Chris_Manchester »

Well i'm off in 4 days and the nerves have started to kick in, but its something i know i'd regret for the rest of my life if i didnt try and give it my all. Cheers for the insight into foundation and hope to see you down there soon.
FPGRM
S Squadron
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Really sorry to hear about that mate. Its nice to know you're getting back up after taking a fall though, thats determination. Sometimes it can be harder falling and getting back up. By the sounds of it you've learned straight away.

Wish you all the best for the future.

Mind how you go. 8)
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
marine101

Post by marine101 »

alryt mate. just wonderin what were the runs like when you were there i.e how far? difficult?? you say you wasnt in the right frame of mind how do you mean? what emotions were you going through? did you always not like it?

p.s good on you for trying anyways
got to Week 7 and left :(
maritime_marine

Post by maritime_marine »

How ofton can you use your phones etc? So how many times you do PT a day?
RT 8th October
Second Place is the First Loser.
ChrisBell

Post by ChrisBell »

Cheers for the posts. Well the runs are not to long (up to week 12) its just more intense really i think the longest i did there was 5miles. You can use your phone at night when you get a spare chance which you will. Sometimes you would get 2 P.T session like swimming and cardio or just the one.