Share This Page:

Regrets

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
nufc_rulz

Regrets

Post by nufc_rulz »

Hi guys,

Havent posted on here for a while. But thought i would make a return. I started off in 925 troop last year but quit after 22 weeks and i hate to say it but i regret it. Lads if you ever think of leaving while in training dont... you will regret it... i do. I still speak to some of the lads that passed out most of them either at 42 or Fleet protection and they love it. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers
azard9330

Post by azard9330 »

you quited after 22 weeks why after the 15th week it gets good apparently whyed you quit?
psychometric test- passed
eye test- passed
interview- passed
medical- passed
pjft- passed
prmc- passed
rt- 5th of november
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

Phase 2 still has more than its fair share of bullshit and the exercise though more 'gucci' are lot more difficult mentally and physically

I'm rejoining after reaching and passing tests mate (old syllabus) back to day 1 week 1 for me but I want it more now than ever, spent 3 years getting my shit sorted to join back up and now I just can't wait

Thinking about re-joining?
Polynikes

Post by Polynikes »

If you don't mind me asking, when did you realise that you'd made a mistake?

And Darren82, what made you drop out after passing your tests?? :o
Roll off...?
Jonse

Post by Jonse »

I alos left training and its taken me 13 months to get back in! i now start training on the 8th October! I wish i never left in the first place! If anyone was thinking about leaving i would say think twice about it, because you know if its for you and you will rejoin!
953 TP
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

Polynikes wrote:If you don't mind me asking, when did you realise that you'd made a mistake?

And Darren82, what made you drop out after passing your tests?? :o
I'd been biffing on with an injury for weeks, a lot of stuff happened at home which like a div I didn't just ignore. It really got to me by final exercise and I just wrapped my tits in pretty much. Was asked if I wanted to come off the exercise and I said yes. They made me stay on until the end, I failed it and was told that if I'd just got my head down and seen out the last couple days + final attack I would have passed out

I have the benefit of knowing what's to come but also sometimes knowing what's going to happen to you there isn't the best! :D