Share This Page:

4 PARA

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Christ, you managed to find an ancient thread to post in mate!
ARnY wrote:i wasa told that at catterick you do p-coy on the first 4 days and once u passed you spend the other days doing CIC dont know if there is any truth in that since a lad who did p-coy told me when i was doing RT with 4 paras
The basic drill is you do 8-10 days of the 2 weeks as CIC. Then you do 4 days condensed P-Coy.

At the moment, it's CIC first, and P-Coy second. However, we've been told that the incoming RSM wants to switch it to P-Coy first, as it's a bastard anyway so you don't want people starting P-Coy exhausted & injured from CIC. Personally think it's a good idea, as P-Coy is meant to simulate an operational drop, which rather obviously happens right at the start of an op before stagging out in the field (ie CIC), not afterwards.

This may or may not happen in time for our cadre in just over a month.
ARnY

Post by ARnY »

oo yeh i member that because in pirbirght if you were there we got beasted as the RSM was asking us who is the OC and all that and he mentioned that there might be a new RSM coming in.

good luck mate hope you pass shame that im no on the cadre anymore
is there any more drop outs since i left?
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Don't know mate, won't see your lot until next weekend. In 10 coy there are 11 of us left, but 2 are injured and won't be doing P-Coy. That's less than 1/3 of the starting number.
ARnY

Post by ARnY »

yeah? i know what you mean as i still member how many there were on the giving out kit weekend then the next week the numbers almost halfed and by the time we got to weekend 4 at catterick there was only 1/4 or so left