Share This Page:

TA to Regulars

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
nufc_bhoy

TA to Regulars

Post by nufc_bhoy »

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before, but i couldn't find it using the search. I was wondering if you joined the TA, and completed all the training nessecary, and gained some experince, ie a year or a year and a half can you move onto the regulars, without having to do ADSC and the whole process, if so im guessing youll still have to do phase 1. Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this, thanks for the advice and sorry again if this has been covered before.
"First is first. That's the way I was brought up. Second or third are nowhere."

Personal Best's:

1.5 miles: 8.10
3 miles: 17.56
Bleep test: 10.3
Press-ups: 38
Sit-ups in 2mins: 51
Pull-ups: 11
dylanredefined

Post by dylanredefined »

Can be done best way is perform well on a tour as an indviduial replacement and be asked to stay on.Though if you want to join the regular army why not just join the regulars ?
nufc_bhoy

Post by nufc_bhoy »

i applied for army but i got knocked back a year, something to do with my blood level, it was in another post, but i was just gonna leave it then i was invited to an open night on tuesday there, and i went along to see what it was like and i got invited to a medical, run and induction on saturday morning. So i decided to go along and try and see what happens.

I was hoping to pass the medical, and possibly even go on the summer challenge thing thats all over the news and papers. Then in a year or two move onto the regulars, either that or wait a year, but i dunno what do you guys think.
"First is first. That's the way I was brought up. Second or third are nowhere."

Personal Best's:

1.5 miles: 8.10
3 miles: 17.56
Bleep test: 10.3
Press-ups: 38
Sit-ups in 2mins: 51
Pull-ups: 11
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

There's a thing called an S Type Engagement where you can go to the regs from TA for a certain period. I'm not sure if you'd have to go through recruit training though.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
chicken

Post by chicken »

I am currently transferring from the TA into the regular army and it has been one big ball ache. I have been in the TA for 6 and a half years and have completed a 6 month operational tour and I still had to go through the whole careers office scenario and ADSC. I am now lucky enough to be allowed to go straight onto the phase 2 training (after much debate), but it has taken along time for me to get to this point.

For what its worth if you want to join the Regular Army just join, it's easier. No matter what experience you gain in the TA you will still have to go through the normal regular army process.