Share This Page:

SBS(R)

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
carfraec

SBS(R)

Post by carfraec »

Righto,

first off, i was wondering about UKSF (R) training, because, as UKSF units are trained to such a high standard how does a member ge fully trained, and how long does it take, becuase if you go down at weekends surley it must take months to become fully trained and ready for ops? I think this may apply more for for SAS (R) as you dont need previous military expirience.
If i am asking a dumb question please just say because i searched and couldn't find anything about it...

Also, i think it's quite easy to spot the different UKSF members of this forum as they have really funny profiles of where theyre at and stuff lol ;)Altho i'm probably wrong,,

Thanks

Charlie
KIMBERLYPARE

Post by KIMBERLYPARE »

http://www.army.mod.uk/uksf/special_for ... /index.htm

http://www.army.mod.uk/uksf/special_for ... e_/sbs.htm

Read through this forum mate,folk have tried and failed or passed and served or are going for it.
Know whats expected before even thinking about it.

KP.
I EAT CANNIBALS
carfraec

Post by carfraec »

Thanks for those links, but i have already been there.

I hate the way everyone assumes that if you ask a question your going for that unit,,,, then they have a negative attitude saying that the requirments for SF = superhuman
i'm fourteen, and interested in the armed forces, i just wanted to know simple question.
Last edited by carfraec on Mon 19 Mar, 2007 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
KIMBERLYPARE

Post by KIMBERLYPARE »

Apologies Great One!
Most of the information you need is on this site on the various threads,flick through all the SAS/SBS ones and I'm sure you will find the information you need,if not email UKSF(R) from the website,they have a recruiting officer who I'm sure will give you a wee bit of info.

KP.
I EAT CANNIBALS
carfraec

Post by carfraec »

Great One... hmm i kinda like that lol

thanks for the info, i probably wont email the recruting officer, as i am not serious on joinging, just fascinated by the large amount of time it must take a SF reserve soldier to be trained,, but then again you would probably have the cic under your belt....

What does it mean by previous military expirience, i.e how long etc?

Regards Charlie
dylanredefined

Post by dylanredefined »

think its a few years regular or ta service.Had a couple of mates do it
lots of weekends .Its a very big commitment thought about it a few years a go but couldnt commit that much time even before thinking about trying to get to that standard.
Maybe an overhill stab but not ready to hang
my kit in yet .If not quite death from the flanks
certainly a nasty fright.:)