Share This Page:

Joining Finances

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
slinkyjib

Joining Finances

Post by slinkyjib »

Hello chaps (and ladies).

I'm an older candidate that is hoping to join but I'm curious as to a few financial things.

I'll be taking a 60% pay cut to join, and as such my housing benefit and family tax credit will increase to meet this fall in family income.

I've been asked to fill out a financial details form. Will relying on stste benefits affect my application?
Tartan_Terrier

Re: Joining Finances

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

slinkyjib wrote:Hello chaps (and ladies).

I'm an older candidate that is hoping to join but I'm curious as to a few financial things.

I'll be taking a 60% pay cut to join, and as such my housing benefit and family tax credit will increase to meet this fall in family income.

I've been asked to fill out a financial details form. Will relying on stste benefits affect my application?
I can't see why it should have any effect at all. As far as I'm aware, they're more interested in your debt situation, especially if it seems excessive, or irresponsible (i.e. you are 18 and have massive debts on 6 credit cards, and a handful of store cards). Ask your recruiter if you're really worried, but I wouldn't sweat it too much.

T_T