Share This Page:

Pre RT Phys

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
gjd1986

Pre RT Phys

Post by gjd1986 »

Hello all, just wondering..

for all those about to start RT in the future, what physical training are you doing to prepare?

for me its running 6 miles, 5-6 times a week, along with pressups, situps, pullups, and getting my upperbody endurance up on my rowing machine (pulling towards me, and sitting the other way so im pushing away...not much resistance, endurance training not purely strength work).

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars fellas.
"You all look like a bag of sh*t!"
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

same as, my pyramid and swimming, some sprints in my runs, but blimy, 6 milers everyday, 30 miles a week, thats impressive, euro told me you were quick but whoa mate! Thats brillient, i got a 6 miler this friday, if my cold patches up, as its a real nasty one, gutted as i couldnt actually train yesterday and im having doubts about today as well.

RGJ-Rifleman
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
KJ-Edwards

Post by KJ-Edwards »

Nice. Like the running plan:D

My Pre-RT phys is here http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14753 have a butchers

Kyle (KJ)
PRMC: 21st November 06' - PASS
RT: Feb 5th
----------------------------------
3mile - 18:36
PressUps within 2minutes - 74
SitUps within 2minutes - 98
6mile - 41:05
9mile - 01:04:43
3mile (combat boots) - 20:36
12mile - 1:26:33
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

You'll find when you start RT it is easier that PRMC (that was the general feeling from my troop) and they build you up. But obviously, it is good if you go there fit and ready.

I would definetely do some half mile to a mile very fast (almost sprint) runs to prepare you for camp circuits. Also squats/burpees. Swim loads too. Apart form that though, carry on with what you're doing.
KJ-Edwards

Post by KJ-Edwards »

Thanks DaveB. Yeah I do mix up my sundays and do burpees and pretty much what bottom field consisted of in PRMC etc...
As for the mile / mile and half best effort, I do that on all my 3milers and some 5's. So I think i'll be ok (I hope :D )

Thanks again DaveB for the reassurence of not having to turn back up there fit like Rambo :P

Kyle (KJ)
PRMC: 21st November 06' - PASS
RT: Feb 5th
----------------------------------
3mile - 18:36
PressUps within 2minutes - 74
SitUps within 2minutes - 98
6mile - 41:05
9mile - 01:04:43
3mile (combat boots) - 20:36
12mile - 1:26:33
JoeAllen28

Post by JoeAllen28 »

yeh cheers for that dave, ive been real worried about my phys since PRMC. my motivation seems to have dropped, even though i know i need to be training harder! its even harder now coming up to xmas, but i just keep telling myself that i can hammer it when january comes.

joe
Applied: January 06
Phycometric test: 14th Feb 06
Eye Test: 16th Feb 06