Share This Page:

79 Railway Squadron

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
nutter

79 Railway Squadron

Post by nutter »

I want to join the 79 railway squadron of the RLC (TA i believe), i have done the first year of a Public Services course (nat cert, BTEC), i have passed all the fitness requirements (did the tests in PT sessions) and got 5 C's (science and english) and 2 B's (one's maths). As part of the course we had to learn how to be self-dependant, read maps and radio procedure.

I now work on the railways in the signalling department but i have one minor thing stopping me joining, i have asthma.

Is there any way i can join the TA 79 Railway Squadron with asthma, i know i can't join the regulars with asthma, just wondering if there's any hope with the TA cause the college course made the army look perfect for me
King_duck

Post by King_duck »

Sorry, I'm pretty sure it's a nono unless you've been clear of asthma for four years.. It's always worth ringing and asking though..
nutter

Post by nutter »

OK, good job i've got the railways as back up i suppose. I went on the army wwebsite and had a chat to someone and they said i couldn't get in any front line ops but was unclear about the Railway squadron

Are weapons technicians full army or hired in civvies?