Share This Page:

FAA Max Age

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
lukeyluke

FAA Max Age

Post by lukeyluke »

Hello all, this is my first post on the site. I would like to thank you all for all the useful information I have gained from reading your posts so far!

I was just wondering if any of you happen to know what the maximum age limit is for the fleet air arm of the royal navy? The reason I ask is that I have just turned 22 and I have always wanted to be a pilot. I need to sort myself out with the 140 UCAS points for officer entry which is going to take 2 years of college, which I plan to take at night school as it works out better for me than full time college. That would take me up to my 24th birthday which I gather is late for pilot entry?

Alternatively I'm also considering…

- Royal Marines officer / marine
- Warfare Officer – Surface fleet
- Comms Troop Commander – Army

If anybody has any advice on the FAA or any of the others, particularly relating to age and best path forward I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Last edited by lukeyluke on Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can." - Julius Caesar

Recruit Training: 11th February, 2008
Dickie

Post by Dickie »

I'm not 100% sure here, but I think 24 is the maximum age for officer entry to any branch. Although from what I gather, for pilot training they like to get you as young as possible (something to do with when your motor skills being at their peak) so I'm not sure where that would leave you as far as entering the FAA.

Good luck anyways.