Share This Page:

Amongst the Marines: The Untold Story by Steven Preece

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
digitalfreefall

Post by digitalfreefall »

harry73 wrote: You've had a shelted life mate

harry
Far from it Harry but thankfully i havent yet Grand Slammed myself like you and Mr Preece, dirty beggars. :wink:
harry73

Post by harry73 »

:D
In_Training

Post by In_Training »

Steve, ive already read your first book. Got your second 2 days ago and have nearly finished it. Its good stuff. Bit of a bastard abou those c@#t that tried to do you over with the seven thousond quid!! Wont say any more incase i spoil it for someone.

Nice work.
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

flo wrote:Well boys its official.........Mr Preece has said it himself, im special, must be true. And for that i want a mention in the next book (might even write a section on wifes myself) but i want paying!!!!! :D

But in all honesty boys, a good woman is hard to find, and the miltary lifestyle while being a novelty to some, still blots out the reality of true life and what it beholds! My advice to you young un's is take every day as it comes, enjoy the experience then when you start to get tired of the single lifestyle(which you will) then find a good strong willed woman who will be there through thick and thin, despite what Royal throws at you. Remember its a partnership not just a jolly!!!!

And when you lads do pass out and you get wed and introduce your missus to the lifestyle (because that is what it is) just remember your auld forum auntie (ME) and if i can help then i will.
well i have been going with my girlfriend for almost five years and i would say she is one in a million, she fully supports my decision to join the marines and even offers to help me with my training (even though she would probably just get in the way), i for one will not be sniffing around when i'm in the marines (if i get in the marines :roll: ) as a one night stand with some slack arse is certainly not worth riskisng my relationship, even though we will be in different parts of the country i couldn't live with the guilt

anyway i don't think you have to go out womanising in order to enjoy yourself
PRMC 25th July 06 Passed
RT 18th September 06 929 Tp
MD'd after week 19

now in process of joining RMR
pablo

Post by pablo »

Well boys its official.........Mr Preece has said it himself, im special, must be true.
I said it all along! :evil:

All of you talking about your special girlfriends. Don't know wether you're lucky or not, I can't afford one! :lol:

Rich.
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Lol sometimes id count yourself lucky Rich. I want to get Mr. Preece second book but am away with my platoon over the weekend so cant get my hands on it. Im sure its as good you guys say it is as i enjoyed the first very much. AWSOME BOOK!!!!

RGJ-Rifleman
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
daz89

Post by daz89 »

Cheerz Flo, I'll keep that advice in mind :wink:

rgj-rifleman-Theres a copy of 'Always a Marine' around somewhere, I posted it to Jimbob so get in touch with him to see if he's still got it.

http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13420
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

actually i already posted that book out to ali_hire, so you could try him, or just go to the library
PRMC 25th July 06 Passed
MD'd after week 19

rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Cheers lads, can give it a go, would rather it sat on my bookshelf you know lol.
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

Cheers Jimbob. Do you know when you sent it? Our postman's a bit slow and is forever getting the wrong mail through the wrong door!
Aways look on the bright side of life.
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

now that can cause a problem i guess
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

ali_hire wrote:Cheers Jimbob. Do you know when you sent it? Our postman's a bit slow and is forever getting the wrong mail through the wrong door!
i sent it out on monday, i would have thought you would have received it by now.....weird, you should get it early next week, if not let me know and il go to the post office to see what they say
PRMC 25th July 06 Passed
MD'd after week 19

ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

Cheers mate. If I haven't got it by Monday I'll start asking my neighbours, I think our postie actually has some sort of condition rather than just being an idiot, so I shoudn't give him too much of a hard time!
Aways look on the bright side of life.
JORD123

Amongst the Marines

Post by JORD123 »

Hey Everyone, I have my PRMC next month and have been training like mad to increase my fitness standards. I have been on a Royal Marine Acquaint day in Liverpool. I was the youngest there as i was still in high school and was the only lad who achieved 100% on all physical tests; an achievemant I was really proud of and boosted my confidence tenfold for my upcoming PRMC. Recently I met a guy who is joining the Marines literally on Monday. We go running together and it is good training. It seems both of us have a sacred book that we each hold dear and that book is 'Amongst the Marines'. I read it over and over, and when telling my friends about some of the antics in the book they are horrified, and also in Hysterics. After telling them, they question why I still want to be a Marine , but ill be honest, after reading that book, apart from maybe the initial bullying, it has made me want to join more than anything. I would just like to thank the author Steven Preece for inspiring me more than any other book Ive ever read. That book is honestly my Bible.
Cheers Jordan.
P.S on a trip with cadets last summer I had the honour of going to Condor barracks on the Dry Ski Slope, the barracks looks completeley different now as it has ALL been refurbished,and when going into the barracks I just tryed to imagine Young Marine Preece as he first entered.
Royal Marines here I come