Share This Page:

boots

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
russian30

boots

Post by russian30 »

Hi all,

just posting to introduce myself. Ive been reading the forums for a couple of weeks or so now and am finding loads of good training ideas.

Im looking to buy some boots for hill work and came across the british gortex pro boot. are they any good????? also I am a 9-9.5 in trainers, should i buy a 10 in boots????

anyone know anyone know of any good hills in the hertfordshire area????
[/img]
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Hi there and welcome!
I'd stay away from the ProBoots! Try Lowa, Hanwag or Altberg they all make outstanding boots but try before you buy as what looks good may not suit your feet!
Sizing of boots is a personal thing but I go a half size up to allow for an insole and a pair of thin liner socks!
matt2301

Post by matt2301 »

Hey russian! Im in watford. I dont know of any hills in Herts, its a flat area TBH. though if you fancy running, Id go with your local park. We've got cassiobury park that I use. I need a decent pair of boots as well, but for the mo im using trainers on tarmac.

I know I should avoid hard surfaces, but its either that or nothing round here in the concrete jungle.
sittingstress

Post by sittingstress »

MATT learn to read a 1:50000 map as there are plenty of hills SLIGHTLY to the North of you. They are called the CHILTERNS. Should you spy a knackered old git mit Bergan, bunting and moaning then that will be me.

Regards

ss

PS Get out on them and stop being a poof about it!!
Per Ardua
matt2301

Post by matt2301 »

OK, I officially apologise for my lack of local knowledge when it comes ot terrain.

As for the poof bit, its the marines words not mine!!!!

(booklet CP7 sep 2001, page 1: titled "how to prepare yourself for the PRMC)