Share This Page:

welcome

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
ratso

Post by ratso »

I hope that we see a lot of new faces apper on this section as that would be good for this board.
Remeber it is here for anyone who has friends or family with any link to the Marines past or present, so please step on in and make yourselves at home.
Thanks Tony!
Ken Bruce RM19650

family of RM

Post by Ken Bruce RM19650 »

Ken Bruce (spider) Joined RM 1960 demobbed 1969, I come from a family of Ex Royals Grand father, Father 3 brothers various cousins. All of us now Ex one brother deceased. Wonderful life and proud to wear the green lid. I bloody earned it. Loved every minute of my 9 yrs. There is no one on earth like like a bootneck. Great sense of humour. Some one you could really call an oppo. If any one knows me out there come aboard .Kings sqd was 744. Up the Royals. regards
Served 9yrs Rm 1960/1969 left joined police. Kings sqd 744. Also served Hms Londonderry. 45 cdo 41cdo 43cdo. Albion Bulwark.
North Sea Tigress

Hi

Post by North Sea Tigress »

Hi Y'all,
Finally got round to putting something into print. Been surfin' the site for ages. Got my man to register and he has hooked up with some old oppo's since. I however keep him up to date on the website buzz. I served in the QARNNS for nine years and my pet bootneck was in for 24 (old git) I have to admit to being more corps pi**ed than the CGRM and love the 'esprit'. My Divisional Officer in basic training explained the subtle differences between 'Jack' and 'Royal' having served with them both herself as a young Wren and I immediatley signed up as a fan. I have to say, I became a little disappointed with the standards of young fresh booties coming out of Lympstone in my later years of service. Suddenly I was hearing bootnecks swearing, and not an apology, never mind a sheepish look! :( I know that this is just a sad reflection of society, but boy am I glad there are still plenty of the old fashioned bootnecks out there who know how to behave in front of ladies! Chuffed to bits to have this site to read the banter. :P
God made Royal Marines, to provide QARNNS with playthings
Ken Bruce RM19650

My brother another Ex Royal

Post by Ken Bruce RM19650 »

To anyone out there this is a message from my eldest brother,Mel Bruce who lives in cleethorps. He has no computer. He joined in 1946 and left in 1951. casavaced from Palistine. His No was Pompey X 6123 Kings Sqd 456. He served in 40 CDo, 3 CDo Brigade and was a signaler. Also served in Malaya Cyprus ,Egypt. He is not a well man and awaits a major op. He would be over the moon if any one knew him out there. And ofcourse would like to swing the lantern re old times. he would of course only be contactable via phone. So come on lads lets see if you can cheer the old fella up. Oh by the way his nickname was (Skins) he never shaved in those days boy did he get a rude awakinging. Thanks lads, from his kid brother Rm 19650.
Served 9yrs Rm 1960/1969 left joined police. Kings sqd 744. Also served Hms Londonderry. 45 cdo 41cdo 43cdo. Albion Bulwark.
ratso

Post by ratso »

Ken why not get him along to your nearest RMA for a good session take a look at
www.rmanorthernregion.org.uk
for your nearest watering hole.
Falklands Veterans Foundation
www.fvf.org.uk www.yomp30.co.uk
Save the Fearless www.hmsfearless.co.uk
Give Her A Home So We Can All Remember