Share This Page:

Killer Birds

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
speed freek

Post by speed freek »

lol no but i was once running pushing myself quite hard and i wasn't exactly paying attention to the path ahead and i nearly ran smack bang into a deer that was standing on the path.... It just stood there even when i was running towards it... Scared the s**t out of me when i looked up though! I had to take major evasive action. :D
JC

Post by JC »

Heheheh, i can just imagine it, poor fella being chased down the road by a really pissed off duck! You gotta stop eyeballing em mate! :D

Can't say that I'v been confronted by a thug-duck, but I hope i don't coz they tough mother f"£$ers - don't mess with em, just walk on by, carry a bat next time.
Mike

Post by Mike »

AequitasBellum.......
Being attacked by a Duck.... you were probably attacked by a brooding Female who was protecting Eggs or Chicks.

As for Sea Gulls... All varieties are becoming aggressive....because of ease with which they can find food waste on land fills. They have evolved so that they no longer need to feed in their natural habitat, the sea, its easier to rummage a tip than to fish in the sea.

This is becoming more prevalent at the sea side where the uneducated visitor will feed squadrons of gulls from the safety of their cars with little thought for the little child ,who is about be attacked by a Black Backed Gull, for his sarny....

So Please don’t feed the bastards.... and pass that onto to the rest of the good willed population
Gulls are the Rats of the sea
Aye
Mike (A Coastie who knows)
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
joshualoftus

Post by joshualoftus »

Hey AequitasBellum,
I know all about the winged demons mate. I've been attacked more times than I can count. In Australia there are Magpies everywhere and in the spring through to summer they routinely attack anyone who comes near their nests. Their mode of attack is known as 'swooping', and as the name would suggest they swoop silently from the heavens and peck the sh!t out of you as you run by. Not pleasant, and difficult to combat as they are a stealthy and cunning adversary who usually swoop when you're facing the other way.
My old enemy...... I hate them, lol.
Josh.
Check it out, Independently targetting particle-beam phalanx. VWAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart-missles, phased plasma pulse-rifles, RPG's. We got sonic electronic ballbreakers, we got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks..."
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

AAHH Memories.
When I were a lad we used to feed the little Guilimots who would fly by our boats.When it got real cold they would pass and take a herring out of your hand.Brrrr.... Fark that now.
Still, fond memories.
Leigh Dowell

Killer Birds

Post by Leigh Dowell »

I too have been attacked by a killer bird, swamping her pit just tipped her over the edge :P
Whilst I may disagree with what you say, I will fight to the death for your right to say it.
Voltaire
HiddEN

Post by HiddEN »

Canadian crows are nasty demons. Dont remind me. Let me just say, dont walk to school under the trees with food.

And no, your backpack wont save you...