Share This Page:

Ultimate Farce.

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
HavocIRL

Post by HavocIRL »

I saw the opener for the new series. In the first 2 mins of it most of the original cast get killed in an ambush in tikrit. The thing is they must not have signed on at all for the 3rd series cos you don't even see their faces. You just see them walk into a building and then it explodes.
Spray and pray.
jay999

Post by jay999 »

I saw that bit. I thought it seeme a cheap way of getting rid of characters who obviously hadnt signed on to this series. i spose its good use of initiative :lol:
mercury

Post by mercury »

think about it

Is Ultimate force the new "A team" ?
"certa cito"
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

i dont know, even in ultimate farce they can shoot their enemys quite well.

all the a-team could ever do was hit the ground around the bad guys feet.
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
T T Fresh

Post by T T Fresh »

Shooting the baddies wasn't a viable option to the A Team, they were on before the watershed so had to find other means. I hear they were very upset about all that because, being military men and having escaped from a maximum security military stockade, they wanted to showcase their talents but it wasn't to be.

Also, the baddies seemed to be pretty tough!!!!

They would endure the most horrific car smash, with the cars flipping several times and then errupting into flames. As the "Team" approached the smouldering wreck all four baddies would step out dusting themselves down looking slightly dazed.

The only other ways to prevent the baddies escaping or winning was laying down a supressing fire until they said "Oh go on then, you win" and inexplicably gave up.

Or if the Cabbage/log/Highland terrier -firing machine B.A. had made out of a forklift truck, meccano and some peanut M&Ms, in the warehouse they were hiding out in, unleashed it's payload and destroyed the wing mirrors of their cars so they couldn't escape.

OR if B.A. picked them up and threw them, highlighted using B.A. "penis cam" - it's all about the angle of the dangle.

I personally think that, should the A Team make a comeback (light one hannibal) and they got the post-watershed timeslot they feel they've earned, they'd lick the ultimate farce lot and that would be that!!

Only my opinion mind :wink:
mercury

Post by mercury »

( Mr T voice ) "shutup fool"

( Henno voice ) "Shutit !!!"
"certa cito"
-Jack-

Post by -Jack- »

i noticed something that might of pissed off some 22nd guys (why they would watch that tripe i don't know).
On that 2nd episode when the SAS fella's are securing the farmhouse and those two blokes are keeping an eyeout across the land .... well they fall ASLEEP ! and a LITTLE GIRL sneaks up on them ... now i dunno about the rest of you, but if i was in the SAS i'd hate to be portrayed like that. I think the series should stop, its creating too many wonna-be SAS kids (and men)

I think the only decent way of doing it would be like how speilberg and tom hanks did Band of Brothers, obviously not mega accurate, but at least you don't cringe at every cheesy line and laugh at the stupid tactics.

thats my opinion anyhow.

Cheers,
Jack.
beardo

Post by beardo »

and what is the little ''matrix'' bit in each episode now

1st. one it was when she did that flying kill on the ex gurkha to 'prove herself'

2nd. one it was when heno grabbed the thin knife and cut the black guys head off in one swipe
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

[quote="-Jack-"]
On that 2nd episode when the SAS fella's are securing the farmhouse and those two blokes are keeping an eyeout across the land .... well they fall ASLEEP ! and a LITTLE GIRL sneaks up on them ...

thats my opinion anyhow.
[quote]

they were (supposed) to be IN an OP... just sat on the side of a hill in the open. THEN they fell asleep...

so...
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
mercury

Post by mercury »

Yes but it must have been very hot in africa , or was it wales..is sycamore native to africa ?
"certa cito"
exxonuk

Post by exxonuk »

I like it, its not ment to represent true to life situations
mercury

Post by mercury »

Makes me chuckle too

I suppose what they can't research then they make up
"certa cito"
beardo

Post by beardo »

did you see this weeks? what a pile of w@#k
mike_B

Post by mike_B »

Lads,

You're all writing away as if you have authority on such a subject. Who cares what ot's like? If you like it, watch it; if you don't like it, don't watch it. But don't go round making judgements about spawning a new load of 'wannabes'. The media did that in 1980

Don't assume you know what the real guys think about it because you don't have a fcuking clue.

Mike
beardo

Post by beardo »

yeah im sure their loving the fact that their portrayed as soldiers who fall asleep while on stag