Share This Page:

Shooting problem

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
HotShot

Shooting problem

Post by HotShot »

I have a problem when shooting. I cannot close just my left eye, althought I can with my right. This makes it habitual to lean far over the rifle and aim using my right eye. I got caught doing this at cadets, and with a simple bit of masking tape over my left eye, I was getting marksman badges on a regular basis.

Would I be allowed to have any tape or anything to close my eye on the shooting tests? Or if not, any tips for shooting with both eyes open, or on how to 'learn' to close just the left eye?

Odd questions I know, but thanks in advance.
COMBAT WOMBAT

Post by COMBAT WOMBAT »

Why can't you close your left eye?
Nothing worth doing is ever easy.
Gazza_2004

Post by Gazza_2004 »

yea, there was a guy when i joined up ages ago, he had a problem, and they have an eye patch sorta thing,
AdamR

Post by AdamR »

Here's a tip (worked for me)... Tape or hold your right eye open and try blinking so only your left eye will close. Do this for a little while each night and after a few weeks you should have no problems.
What do you know about surfing major, you're from god damn New Jersey
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

COMBAT WOMBAT : Don't know, lol, just weird, it's like I don't know what muscle to tense to do it. Very odd feeling, lol.

Gazza : Thanks for that, the new made me happy, lol.

AdamR : Cheers mate, I'll give that a try.
HotShot

Post by HotShot »

AdamR...very odd, but it has worked. I can now close just my left eye, although my right is flickering a bit...but that's a big start, hopefully I will be able to open it fully with no problem soon :)
Chappy

Re: Shooting problem

Post by Chappy »

HotShot wrote:I have a problem when shooting. I cannot close just my left eye, althought I can with my right. This makes it habitual to lean far over the rifle and aim using my right eye. I got caught doing this at cadets, and with a simple bit of masking tape over my left eye, I was getting marksman badges on a regular basis.
Bet the girl wasnt impressed. :o