Share This Page:

SBS Challenge

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

And half of them haven't even begun any kind of military training yet.... I'd never kid myself that I'm getting into SF. It takes a certain kind of person, and if you're not one of those people, no amount of training will make you one. I'd spend a few years in the regular forces before even thinking about considering any kind of SF selection. Those that want to run before they can walk just like to use their mouth a lot, it seems. :roll:

P.S Lance, what trouble did you have with medical records, as I'm having some problems with mine as well.. :x
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
Lance

Post by Lance »

Bigbart.

I had a kidney infection 3 years ago. Was treated with antibiotics and never had a problem since but the Army doctor informed my GP that I would need further investigations to make sure that I did not have the infection. Two x-rays and six months later my GP informed the Army doctor that I did not have any problems with my kidneys and my application is back on track. It was a very frustrating time. Doctors, hospitals and the Army move at a snails pace.
"The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction."
Lieutenant Colonel Tim Collins
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

My problems are very different. Latest problem is, my doctor wants paying before he'll release my medical records. Right, like they're his property... f@#&ing nobber, I think I'm going to put in a complaint against him, I gave him the form 2 months ago and all my delays so far have been down to him, fannying about. :evil:
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
liverpoolirish

Post by liverpoolirish »

Your doctor can't do that, under the freedom of information act you have the right to view and copy any documentation regarding yourself, including your medical documents.

Since I have the book (picked up in a bargain bin for a few quid, used it a few years back when preparing for that wonderful experience at Catterick), I'll describe the exercises:

Box Jumps: Get 3x boxes of heights 2 feet, 1.5 feet and a foot. Line them up with an equal distance between them, tallest first.

From a standing start in front of box do a static jump over the first, repeat for second at third (in a fluid motion hopefully) and go back to the start.

Dorsal Raise: Lie face down, hands behind back (in the stand at ease position, not stand easy), feet together. Keeping legs straight lift head and feet as high as possible and repeat (prettymuch a rest exercise)

Burpees: From the standing position, crouch, kick out a squat thrust and stand up.

Incline situps: Situps, but on a bench angled 25-45 degrees (head down).

Military press: Uses a light barbell of medicine ball (or similar weight, I had to improvise). Hold it at chest height (while standing), and lift it.

Lateral jumps: Get a bench or something 2 feet high. Jump over it in a hopping motion (sideways) continuously.

Bryn