Share This Page:

marines officer??????????

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lackie

marines officer??????????

Post by lackie »

Alright there just a few q's.

just sat my test and passed, wasn't hard but still wasn't easy. Only 2 passed out of 20.

Anyhoo got my interview and medical tomorrow. But i think i may have balls'd up. I was hoping to go in as an officer, but did not make it clear on the application form as i didnt see anything for it to be put down on and thought that this would be decided at the interview stage. To be honest im not bothered just really want to be part of it.

Any advice is welcome. ive looked on the net for some reassuarances that i have not balls'd it up at the start, but to no avail so far.

Also was hoping to further go on to special forces in maybe 4-5 years. i take it this is still possible if you are an officer or would it be easier to get selected for selection if i was an officer.

prob some silly neebie q's here but hope you can help.
The car in front is a monster
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Phone the AFCO office now!

Explain your misunderstanding and ask if they still want to see you tomorrow, or should you wait to be contacted. I did exactly the same, many moons ago, explained there and then in the office and this huge bear of a man just tore up the forms and started again. :oops:
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
saffer

Post by saffer »

If you are applying for officer, you do not have to write any exams before you go to POC!
lackie

Post by lackie »

just gave them a call there, doesnt look like the officer thing will go ahead as i dont have any highers or a levels.

i thought my qualification as an accountant would have been enough to suffice, but was told that hard work and leadership are more important and that they would be looked upon favourably in the future.

im really excited to be getting this chance as when i was 16 i applied and was told to bugger off as i was to immature. At that time it was my dream and got really pissed off with the knockback. Disnt fancy going back to school so went to college and did the accountancy thing. Ended up with a good paying job and feeling like a bored old fart everyday since.

the dream has been reignited, and hopefully will be fulfilled.

lack
saffer

Post by saffer »

Good luck lackie.
So no you have passed the selection exam, you going for an interview?
lackie

Post by lackie »

interview tomorrow at half 8 then medical on same day, think i should get through it ok as i wont be taking no for an answer this time.

hopefully prmc in a month or 2 afterwards.

i rekon im fit enought o get through it but im busting my balls to make sure i get through it. wasn't really doing any great number of visits to the gym till i got through the test and interview. but now is the time as they say to make triple efforts. Going to magaluf on aug 9 so the drinking will have to be dropped down a notch hehe :drinking: