Share This Page:

Yomp30 2004

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.

June 2004?

Yes
63%
No
2%
Only if Loz turns up this time!
34%

Total votes: 41

Brian E

Yomp 30

Post by Brian E »

Nice to see some positive responses to Ratso plea for help.
I have my name down and paid, but I think the middle of July probably hits on a lot of peoples annual holiday.
Last weekend I did a 26 mile walk thro' Kielder Forest and the backup and support was first class, and demonstrated how vital this is to the whole operation.
To cancel this years event will make it very difficult to get off the ground next year.
Better in my opinion to put off to September, if July becomes a no go.
We need a team to organise this event, and as I live within 50 miles of Ratso I'm prepared to help. However I'm out of the UK all of June!!! Hence not much I can do for July, but if it goes to September I will be able to devote some time to the organisation.

Brian E
Brian Easton
Si Capon

Post by Si Capon »

Got to say Sept gets my vote, as long as it`s not the last weekend.
Once....................... Always...tup, three
bean

Post by bean »

I know I have not got my forms down in yet but I am coming and have just talked another ex bootneck in to it as well. My landie is still available as the support vehicle and will drive down an if if you want do all the support driving. I have space for 3 more who I can pick up enroute if that helps , I hope so

All the best Ratso and the cheques in the post
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Gen Buzz, no duff.

Unfortunately the Yomp has been cancelled for this year. Colin is up to his eyes having just moved house, with all the attendant problems this creates. The project is not something that can be taken over relatively quickly and easily, it is now obvious that the best thing to do is pull the plug and really get organised for next year.

Colin has put a great deal of effort into this, he is naturally upset that it is not going ahead. As soon as it's feasible, dates etc will be discussed and a new plan made.

Baldrick fark orft! "Yes My Lord."

Thatisall.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Cliodna

Post by Cliodna »

Shame!!!
Theres only so much that one bloke can do though.
Heres to next years Yomp being a big success.
All you Sigs lot won't have any excuses next year either....Sigs Reunion My Ar*e :P :lol: