Share This Page:

Newbie, thinking of joining. Questions...

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Dave.Mil

Post by Dave.Mil »

You may get a few replies if you were a bit more specific about what you wanted to do, every job is different in the Army so life as a cook would not be the same as an infanteer or RMP. There is a wealth of experience on this forum but a lot of what you want to know can be found by a quick search. If you cannot be bothered to do that don't expect to much help.
Dave.Mil

Post by Dave.Mil »

I can't help on the pre joining side it was 28 yrs since I joined but if you are injured in training it depends on the severity and type of injury as to what happens, if it just prevents you from doing physical training then you will be back squadded if they deem that you have missed too much training. If the injury is severe enough to be given a medical discharge then that is a different ball game that I'm not qualified to advise on. If you go for the RA you will not be given a choice of weapons it depends on the Regt you join as to which gun you are trained on.
Dave.Mil

Post by Dave.Mil »

I'm not sure for the RA but RAC do have recruiting areas so you would normally go to your area Regt. But they will try to fill undermanned Regts if they can so unless you have a reason for a specific Regt they will direct you as they see fit. The best reason for a specific Regt is family ties such as a member of your family serving in a Regt or having served. If you want a Regt for whatever reason fight your case, Ive said it before they need you more than you need them.