Share This Page:

Welcome the American

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
Gearjammer351

Welcome the American

Post by Gearjammer351 »

Hello everyone-I will introduce myself and explain my presence here- being an American and all,I was in the US army but that isn't why.My name is Chris and I live in Dallas Texas.I am marrying a British girl(who is in the army by the way)and moving to the UK in a month or so.To prepare myself for life in another country I was searching the internet,I had found a couple of sites for Americans visiting/living in the UK and was looking for more.I typed 'America Britain' or something like that into the search field and found a thread on this forum with some moron who calls himself 'Grungey' who claims to be a US Marine,well at first I thought it was just a drunk English guy taking the piss-but then I realised that he could actually be that stupid.The only way to counter the Americans who act that way is to let you know that we aren't all like that-so I signed up. I hope that you all realize that not all Americans are the same.
For those who have had to defend it, liberty has a flavor the protected will never know
Gearjammer351

Thank god

Post by Gearjammer351 »

Someone has informed me that Grungey is not a real person,and I am a bit relieved.I have been browsing some of the posts here and can't get into a lot of the discussions but I still find it entertaining.I will be aound a lot of British army people soon so I guess it won't hurt to learn about it.I was an infantry soldier in the US army so I do enjoy military subjects
For those who have had to defend it, liberty has a flavor the protected will never know
Ro55

Post by Ro55 »

Why did you leave the Army mate?? What regiment were you in??
1 Troop, A Coy, 40 Cdo[img]http://www.boundupdesigns.com/ikBB//emoticons/shootingsoldier.gif[/img]
Cymru Am Byth
Gearjammer351

Post by Gearjammer351 »

I have bad knees as a result of some old football injuries and I couldn't stand it.I was able to keep up in a leg unit but when I started training to prepare myself for SF selection it became quite unbearable.I could have stayed in if I had stayed where I was but I couldn't be satisfied with that-if I couldn't be the best I didn't want to play anymore.I was in the 19th infantry and the 8th armoured cavalry regiment
Mike

Post by Mike »

Always wondered how them horses made a gallop in all that tin? :o and with that Knight atop???
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Gearjammer351

who knows

Post by Gearjammer351 »

Tires the old nags out I assure you!Back in the 60's and 70's the same unit was 'air cavalry' somehow they figured out how to make them horsies fly! :o
barryc

Welcome the American

Post by barryc »

Flying Horses, bl--dy hell, working adjacent to Trafalgar Square I am constantly dodging, or scaping off pigeon sh one T but if horses start dropping it too I really will be in sh.t street.
BC
James82ah

Post by James82ah »

Where you a Sgt then gearjammer?
My sincere sympathy for the friends and family and comrades of the bereaved. God be with them all. Come home safely.