Share This Page:

What about Me?

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Big Papa Hapa

What about Me?

Post by Big Papa Hapa »

I'm having a problem wih the medical questionnaire. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at 18, (I am now 25). I have read the eligibility requirements, and know my application will likely be rejected if I admit to "suffering" from Crohn's disease. I understand the reasons for this policy, yet feel strongly that my particular circumstance is an exception. My condition has been in remission for over 5 years now. I am physically fit, play ice hockey and played American football, both sports involving violent physical collisions. In addition I often go hiking an camping in provincial parks. Despite these rigours, I am happy to say my health has not suffered in the least. In fact, I believe it to have benefitted from this regimen. I apologize for the length of this post, but I felt it necessary to give you a full understanding on my best situation. My point, do I engage in semantics and claim that as far as I'm concerned I don't "suffer" from Crohn's, although I have been diagnosed with it years ago? I don't want to lie, for obvious reasons, but neither do I want to be rejected because of a blanket policy. At least give me a chance to fail.

Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.