Share This Page:

british comander to command US troops

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Beasta

Post by Beasta »

Filth :o
If you want the Rainbow, you have to endure the rain
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

2,000 US marines are under the command of Brigadier Dutton, OC 3 Cdo Bde.

Take care, God speed, safe home.

Aye - Andy
TexasRanger

Post by TexasRanger »

Its very probable that the option to go over their head is just a way to continue what is an option in our own military. If you are given a order that has questionable legality you may go over your commanders head. In the case of 2,000 marines serving under British command they would not know where to go to resolve an issue of importance. If an order was given and a soldier said he disagreed with it but had no way to resolve the issue it could create quite an incident. Now we are talking British and American forces so it would take something of catastrophic porportions to have anything more than an unpleasant effect on our relationship. but its still not a bad policy. On the other hand if a U.S. soldier is given an order by A british officer and the soldier disobeys that order you can bet your ass there will be a court martial just as serious as if he had disobeyed an american officer. So YES they are under British command.
Home on the range.
TexasRanger

Sticky Blue

Post by TexasRanger »

If an order is given it would be followed and that would be the end of it. It would go on like this day after day with no hitches. The only time a leap in the chain would take place is in the event an order was given that a soldier or officer felt certain was not appropriate.

For example: I'm a commander of a battalion size force assigned to you and under your command. You order me to go into downtown Jihad and shoot any person not inside their house regardless of gender, age or percieved threat. Obviously an order like this will not sit well and if its followed I would be just as liable for a court marshall as you would. So there has to be a way for me to cover my ass. One call to my commander who will tell me yay or nay and that would be it. This seems like a very unlikely scenario but stranger things have happened in battle and the military is anal retentive enough to create safe guards against it. Im sure British soldiers under American command have the same loop hole. If I ordered you to shoot any prisoner that wouldnt give you all the intel. you wanted then it would be totally logical for you to clear such an order with your original superiors becuase if you diddnt the illegal killings may land you in the brig for 7-15 years. However, if you order me to take an enemy position and I feel its too dangerous, calling my superiors will be of little use to me unless Im looking to be relieved of command. Its a legal matter. As long as your orders dont present me with an illegal objective I must follow them to the letter as if my own commander in chief had given it to me. Thourough enough buddy? :)
Home on the range.