Share This Page:

last week as a civvy

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Skeav

Post by Skeav »

Yea get it done mate!

As the lads say, keep your head down, take each day as it comes and make sure you look past the end of your nose and see the big picture. Work f*cking hard, and believe me it will be noticed, probably without you ever realising.

cheers

Skeav

PS and ignore the crying licker in the corner, that's just me :D
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

suprised your training up till point of no return mate! dedication eh?
as mentioned good luck and get stuck in, dont be jack and you will be fine. get as much kip as poss and try not to fart about with admin and kit well into the early hours - get it squared away asap but do it right.
good luck
'Every man an Emperor'
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

suprised your training up till point of no return mate! dedication eh?
too right mate, last training sesh today and off for a lovely meal with my girlfriend tonight. :D .
PS and ignore the crying licker in the corner, that's just me
dont worry mate, we can both cry together when the mean NCO's tell us off.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

BIG Hal wrote:dont worry mate, we can both cry together when the mean NCO's tell us off.
Ever heard of the "electric chair"............. nope? You will do :lol:

Wish I was starting with you!
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
BIG Hal wrote:cheers guys, good words of encouragement there from all of you...thankyou. BTW, in my joining instructions it says that "you get sent home for 14 days leave and POSSIBLY a further 10 days before joining your battalion". did many of you get those 10 days after depot??
Its a long way off yet....but yes, i got 2 weeks off then i went straight to Brize Norton for 7 weeks and then to my battalion.

Dont take that as gospel though. Some lads in my platoon who went to 1 and 2 para had to do Guard duty for 2 weeks before going to Brize Norton.

i passed out on the friday afternoon had to be at three para guard roon 2 oclock sunday afternoon for induction cadre heheheheh
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

whats the electric chair...sounds like some sort of insane stress position. but i dont know.

I wish you'd tell me what this bloody induction thing is steve... you're making me nervous :-?
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

BIG Hal wrote:I wish you'd tell me what this bloody induction thing is steve... you're making me nervous :-?
Dont worry about that. you've got 6 months of being joe before you earn the privilege to do the induction cadre. :wink:

Steve...ready for anything 8)
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

hahaha its not the induction you want to be worried about its youre initiation on the coy piss up especially if you cum to 1 plt

mwaahahaha

para 01 roger that!!!
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
Rick

Post by Rick »

you are a lucky man! enjoy!

...what is the Arnhem platoon btw...?
harryb

Post by harryb »

Good Luck.....Just Go For It.
Skeav

Post by Skeav »

Just to let everyone know me and Big Hal are both still going strong and have both enjoyed Depot so far. Not a lot to say at the moment as the first four weeks are all very basic. I do however have a slightly numb big left toe and brusing on it's knuckle. That's not a serious problem is it? Just from the cold and it'll return to normal soon?

Cheers

Skeav
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

its a bit fool hardy to ignore that one mate. a classic symptom of needing your leg amputating if i ever did see one..... ;o)
'Every man an Emperor'
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Good to hear from you Skeav, keep up the good work.

Have you heard anything more about being moved to a more senior platoon yet?
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Skeav, dont worry about the toe. I used to get the grazing on the top of my toes from my boots. The skin will harden.

Mine used to be numb aswell. I think its from a mild case of frostbite. Its never been the same since. Nothing major.

Good to hear your going strong. Good luck with the tabbing etc. hope the legs hold up.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

hmmm just lookin back, did he bite from ze windup? me thinks not...
'Every man an Emperor'