Share This Page:

G&L Obits

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Sisyphus

G&L Obits

Post by Sisyphus »

It always makes me sit back and recognize my own mortality when I see a number later than mine in the Obits in the Globe and Buster. Joe Doyle has sadly passed on with a number of RM23962. God rest his soul.

He's about 500 after mine. We're all waiting for the knock on the door.

But then I read 'The Corps Today' which now has a Roll of Honour. This month's edition records the death of Mnes Dunstan [PO61668D] and McKibben [PO62679G]. Numbers much bigger than mine - but sadly young men who are so much younger. What a tragic waste! :cry:

If I could find Tony B Liar address I think I'd throttle him with my bare hands. What a waste.

And, of course, the regret is no less concerning the deaths of Ghurkas Rfman Yubraj Rai and C/Sgt Dura. :cry:

Oh yeah! And these guys' comrades have had to fight for the right to live in the UK. :evil: :evil:

And the next edition of the GaB will have even more reports of unjustifiable sacrifices. :evil:
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

None of us are getting any younger, although it really brings it home to you when oppos only a few years younger are dying of natural causes, to say nothing of those young men making the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan.

I wouldn't even p*ss in Tony B Liars' mouth if it was on fire, the lying scumbag son of a bitch. But then, I shouldn't beat around the bush, I should say what I really mean about him. F****ng A***hole!!
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

We just get on with it, don't we ?

Enjoy every day

I've been doing C stuff for a while - ref my "letter from Norway"
(about halfway through things changed ! )
- and not chemo - you can come through the other end ok -
as long as you dig out blind and work with it.

Good to see both of you here .....

RM15537 - 654 CS Squad - March for April start 1956
a few days away from my seventieth -

Stay well...... :D
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Artist

Post by Artist »

It makes me depressed when a thread is started and a name from the past is mentioned. Memories come flooding back and then someone says those words "So and so is dead"

Cue the nasty feeling in your guts on hearing the news.

Artist