Share This Page:

RM PAY

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
s3ansk1

RM PAY

Post by s3ansk1 »

Im not at all thinking of joining the RM for the money, but more for myself as an achievement and the Green hat : ) But....what Would i be earning a year, just so i know i can cover any debts i have...thanks!
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

We actually get paid? It sure as hell doesnt feel like it in RT. Seriously though, £13,013 while in training, rising to £16,000 or so before taxes after training.
stuelwell

Post by stuelwell »

dont forget, that dont sound much, but it does include, scran, council tax, rates and board. so the money you have left is for saving. yeah gen :drinking:
"GOD HAS A HARD ON FOR MARINES, BECAUSE WE KILL EVERYTHING WE SEE"
s3ansk1

Post by s3ansk1 »

Thanks for the quick, accurate answers!!

A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet.

"My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him? "

"Well," says the vet, "let's have a look at him"

So he picks the dog up and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth.

Finally, he says "I'm going to have to put him down."

"What? Because he's cross-eyed? "

"No, because he's really heavy"
stuelwell

Post by stuelwell »

:o :lol:
"GOD HAS A HARD ON FOR MARINES, BECAUSE WE KILL EVERYTHING WE SEE"
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

These are what Royal Marines pay scales were when I joined up, so current Bootnecks must have loads of spare cash! :D :

[img]http://avanimation.avsupport.com/gif/Snoopy.gif[/img] So far.....so good........but watch your six!
Artist

Post by Artist »

In Feb 74 on joining my first unit my pay was £52 a fortnight. You were paid over the counter outside Company lines every other Thursday.

The normal routine for single Bootnecks living in Barracks was to blow the bloody lot over the forthcoming weekend and then sponge of the Married Fads till the next payday unless you were like me. I would naff off to Padstow where me parents lived around 1200hrs (Noon) and go Lobster Potting with a bloke called Tommy Morrisey on his boat "Girl Maureen"

12 hours potting would result in at least a £100 for one days work as the Frogs would buy up all the Spider Crabs we caught at the Padstow fish market whilst the local bistros would pay vast amounts for the Lobsters and a fair bit for the ordinary crabs on a Saturday morning around 0500hrs (This was years before that twonk Rick Stein bolloxed up Padstow!).

Then home for wash and a bit of kip then out trapping the Female Emets from noon onwards was the rule. Rarely had a bad weekend both potting and trapping cos I was an ADONIS back then! :D

Artist
druadan

Post by druadan »

<------------------ Aged well then mate? :wink:

EDIT: me being bone, above arrow is meant to point at gorgeous portrait of the esteemed member.
Artist

Post by Artist »

druadan wrote:<------------------ Aged well then mate? :wink:

EDIT: me being bone, above arrow is meant to point at gorgeous portrait of the esteemed member.
Not so much an Adonis these days, more like an open toed well used Addidas trainer with no grip. :D

Artist
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

Rotary Booty wrote:These are what Royal Marines pay scales were when I joined up, so current Bootnecks must have loads of spare cash! :D :

That must be old as i don't even know what them numbers mean! :-?
Application (Paras) - Done
Barb Maths & English tests - Done
Medical - Done
Interviews - Done
ADSC - Passed!!
Intake - November 16th!

jay-buckley@hotmail.co.uk
timex

Post by timex »

Don't worry you'll soon be earning yours.... :D :D Whatever denomination!!
davo141

Post by davo141 »

PAY? not with jpa!! cant remember when the last time i had a pay packet that wasnt screwed up! my augusts pay slip was 11 slips long.. cheers pusser. I genuienly have no idea what so ever how much my monthly income is or supposed to be. Not much to spend it on in the desert though!

If only i was part of the 42 BG! KAf...THAI massages, steak restraunts...more of a holiday resort :wink:
Forward Troop - CLRRM, Viking Operator and Maintainer. Viking Support Troop out in The Ghan.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Artist wrote:
druadan wrote:<------------------ Aged well then mate? :wink:

Not so much an Adonis these days, more like an open toed well used Addidas trainer with no grip. :D

Artist
YEEEUUUGGGGHHHHH.

Just hurled me dinner!
PRM_sam

Post by PRM_sam »

Basically, you get about £800 a month in your bank account after accomodation, food etc. has been taken out.