Share This Page:

The Gym

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
lewis123

The Gym

Post by lewis123 »

What exercises are good to do in the gym? I dont want to do any that are a waste of time like running on a treadmill.Can anyone help?
wanna_be_sky_god

Post by wanna_be_sky_god »

I wouldnt say running on a treadmill is a waste of time, it's not as good as running on the road like but i wouldnt fully dismiss it.

The exercise bikes are good for leg stamina as is the rower which is apprantly the best sport for lung capaicity.

I also like to do kettlebell and body weight circuits in the gym for muscle endurance and muscle strength.
hannibal143

Post by hannibal143 »

Hey,

Forget the gym,those who spend most time in the gym apparently have the hardest time at depot.The only things you might need to do at the gym are leg exercises (probably,once a week;heavy squats,crunches,extensions) ,very very light weights (women scales,e.g. fivers dumbells etc),Cardio tools (stairs,fantastic;rowing machine,nice;cycles).Hit and Hit and Hit X100 the roads,fields,muddy tracks etc.

But I would if I were you forget the Gym,coz once your in there you see all those muscle-bound freaks,you always get the temptations of putting a little more weights for the show (esp.,if gals were around).Muscle strenght you can gain from push ups and chin ups,dips (from home furniture),stairs (home,use first 2/3 up,dow,up,down faster and timed),leg exercises carry ur bike and do squats,or wateva heavier things around (garden shed,also you can use the shed's frame for heaves).
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

The only real upper body stuff you should be doing is:

Pressups
Dips
Pullups
Situps

But it wont hurt to do some weights aswell a couple of times a week.

Swimming is also great for upper body strength and cardio.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
lewis123

Post by lewis123 »

Cheers for the help was also wondering is there anyways to prevent being flatfooted? i think my feet are going flat and im shitting it.
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

Would you say that if you got to the suitable fitnees level for adsc at para level. Do you think depot wud do the rest for you??
BE A w@#k OR A PARATROOPER."
2 PARA