Share This Page:

Bit of fun - D.O.Y. HQ

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
London Boy

Bit of fun - D.O.Y. HQ

Post by London Boy »

Watched Ronin again the other day, as you do.

And I got to thinking about similar questions i.e. colour of boathouse

I remember the very first time I went up to the "top floor" at the D.O.Y HQ in Kings Road & into the "Artist's Rifles" dominion, and being surprised by something.

So a good question for fakers who claim 21 allegiance is "What do you encounter at the top of the stairs immediately before going through the door?" :D
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I don't know, but I'll have a guess.

A "rubber dagger"?
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

:D :D :D
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Well? What's so funny? Do I win five pounds?
adj125

Post by adj125 »

some of these

Disposable blades
:D
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Rogue Chef wrote:Well? What's so funny? Do I win five pounds?
Well the material involved is far from soft.

Clue: it's big and it's made of hardened steel.
45commandorm

Post by 45commandorm »

saturdays and sundays :D :D :D
anglo-saxon

Re: Bit of fun - D.O.Y. HQ

Post by anglo-saxon »

London Boy wrote:So a good question for fakers who claim 21 allegiance is "What do you encounter at the top of the stairs immediately before going through the door?" :D
It's not really that good a question if you've got the answer, is it? Apparently, they'll let anyone in the building :roll: :D I mean, the farkin cleaners could claim to be 21 FFS (and probably do!!).
adj125

Post by adj125 »

anglo-saxon wrote:It's not really that good a question if you've got the answer, is it? Apparently, they'll let anyone in the building :roll: :D I mean, the farkin cleaners could claim to be 21 FFS (and probably do!!).

They would all be in the wrong building though if they go to the D.O.Y HQ in Kings Road :)
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

Clue: it's big and it's made of hardened steel
A statue of me?
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

anglo-saxon wrote:
London Boy wrote:So a good question for fakers who claim 21 allegiance is "What do you encounter at the top of the stairs immediately before going through the door?" :D
It's not really that good a question if you've got the answer, is it? Apparently, they'll let anyone in the building :roll: :D I mean, the farkin cleaners could claim to be 21 FFS (and probably do!!).

Well, walts in my experience often haven't visited the places they claim military connections to.

Yes anyone can get into the main building. But not up to the top floor, so it looks like I'll have to give the answer, to illustrate this.

Right, the main building, no problems, because even back in the 1970s when we had our school sports' days there, anyone could just wander in and out of the main entrance and the main hall.

However, on the second floor there is a narrow staircase going up to 21 on the third floor ( bearing in mind, I'm basing this on 1994, which was the last tie I was there on duty) and at the top of that staircase right in fornt of the door is a...........

full size steel security gate! :wink:

And if memory serves, I also think there's a gate at the bottom of the stairs too.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hello LB,

Well thats all well and good, but you have forgotten the main point!!! :wink:

What is the colour of the security gate? :)

Rover
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Rover wrote:Hello LB,

Well thats all well and good, but you have forgotten the main point!!! :wink:

What is the colour of the security gate? :)

Rover

Actually you're right, that would be the correct question wouldn't it.

I know the answer, so tell me Rover, what is it's colour? :wink:
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

adj125 wrote:
anglo-saxon wrote:It's not really that good a question if you've got the answer, is it? Apparently, they'll let anyone in the building :roll: :D I mean, the farkin cleaners could claim to be 21 FFS (and probably do!!).

They would all be in the wrong building though if they go to the D.O.Y HQ in Kings Road :)
Well HQ is still there. It's B Sqn that's down your neck of the woods....and if I tell you anymore I'll have to kill you :wink: (I am an arse..I'm clearly out of touch...please disregard this HQ and B Sqn waffle.... :wink:)
Last edited by London Boy on Mon 02 Jun, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
adj125

Post by adj125 »

well actually its the Big E down my neck of the woods, B sqn hasnt been around for a while and the HQ are not where you say they are. If i tell YOU anymore i will have to come kill you :D :D
Ex RE 1986 till 1997