Share This Page:

SA80

General information on Military History.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Haven't the Israelis brought out there own version of the SA80

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as22-e.htm
Last edited by Tab on Sun 24 Feb, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

The Israeli's bullpup design is the Tavor TAR-21, which is slowly being rolled out among the IDF.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Wholley wrote:Seems we think alike.
My Dept.dropped the ageing and ineffective 9mm some while back.
.40S+W was the way to go.
Still like my Hi-Powers though,for shooting at cardboard.
Expanding rounds will not defeat a ballistic vest(trust me on this)the fmj will,which is the point really(Oh,sorry for the pun)
I did find some .308 blue tips at one time,the SLR didn't like them much.
Bambi was not impressed either.
Now where is that A1 Steak sauce? :o

I reckon we should have our own little thread for those here who like to shoot at stuff.
We could call it.....er,um...Shooting Stuff!!!!!
I know,
I'll get me coat. :wink:
You hum it, I'll play it. "Mind the bannister, son!"
"Tee's up Mr. shifter." At least then we won't be boring the pi$$ out of the non-shooter types.

BTW, the Wichester Ranger 9mm Black Talon is a hollow point that, while not designed specifically to defeat body armour (as its Lubalox-coated bullet...often mistaken for Teflon led people to believe), but did, nevertheless, on several occasions. Problem was cops were getting v. nervous when they realised its potential. The "Black" thing didn't go over too well with our swarthy bretheren, either, so they were taken off the market. Illegal as all fark round here due to uneducated petty politicians getting their oars wet. Hence I have several boxes set asside for "social occasions". "Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6," and all that guff. Winchester now make the SXT. Same round, but shiny gold instead of black.

Here's a pic of a couple of Black Talons next to some bog standard 147gr FMJ and a couple of SXTs on the right. The 9mm is my CZ 75B.

This is a close-up of one of the bullets I retreived after "loosening up the ice" in my frozen rain barrel. Those "petals" would make a hell of a job on giblets as they spun though.

The FMJs would not penetrate a 6" fence post in my back field, fired from 10m, whereas the Black Talons punched right through and made one hell of an "exit". Nasty wee buggers!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Made a few holes in a ceramic bathtub with the 'Black Talons'
Known as'Cop killers'they really wern't.As you say the Win.sxt is just as dangerous.
An oppo of mine's ex-wife shot him in the butt with one.
Fall about laughing???Us??? Naaaa. 8)