Share This Page:

Rifles

General information on Military History.
London Boy

Rifles

Post by London Boy »

The Rifles, rifle companies, later regiments. any good webistes, anyone? Basically I'm hopeless at finding things on the net.

I'm interested in any regiment histories from the British rifle units in the American War of Independence onwards to India, Spain and so on.

TIA
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

TIA?
WTF is TIA?

When I was done for importuning and gross indecency in a public toilet, my brief asked for three hundred and twenty six other offences to be TIA. As in taken into account or taken into consideration.
Same when I was up for twoc-ing. :roll:
Is that what you meant LB :-?
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Rooper

Post by Rooper »

TIA - Thanks in advance.

Don't ex-booties know anyfink?
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

harry hackedoff wrote:TIA?
WTF is TIA?

When I was done for importuning and gross indecency in a public toilet, my brief asked for three hundred and twenty six other offences to be TIA. As in taken into account or taken into consideration.
Blimey 'arry, you're a bit of touch down there in Oz mate. As Rooper said, thanks in advance :wink:
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

harry hackedoff wrote:TIA?
WTF is TIA?

Well in UK police terminology TIA is TIC (taken into consideration) but TWOC is the same, used to be called TDA (taking and driving away) until the late 80s.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Thanks mate,very useful links.