Share This Page:

Interview questions........

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
Meggie

Interview questions........

Post by Meggie »

My daughter has just turned 16.............. she passed the tests for the Royal Navy back in May to join the communications branch and now has her interview next week.

As you can imagine she is nervous and we are also as this is her first interview and she doesn't really know what to expect.
She has read the Royal Navy website and all about HMS Releigh to ensure her knowledge is ok, But she is still nervous on the types of questions they will ask.

We would appreciate any advice anyone could give

Thanks
Worthers Original

Post by Worthers Original »

They'll talk about your daughter's homelife, school, hobbies/interests, motivation for joining the Navy and the job she has applied for. They'll ask what her parents/friends think of her joining. She'll also be asked about what will be expected of her in training, ie what does she know about the training at Raleigh and what training she will undergo to train her to do her specific job/trade training and how she feels she'll cope with the discipline/training/living conditions etc.

She may also be asked about what the Navy are currently up to and what they've been doing in the news. (possibly better to focus on stuff like drug seizures and not a good idea to mention the recent incident involving the captured sailors/Marines) Good chance they will ask about current world affairs to see if she knows anything about Iraq and Afghanistan.

Simple answer, they could ask about anything and everything.

:)
krscott86

interview

Post by krscott86 »

hiya i did my interview for the navy about twon weeks ago they usually ask you stuff about your background, how you get along with your family, how u got along with teachers, what subjects u liked, if you have any hobbies or intrests , what you know about the navy, what types of ships could you serve on, how much you know about your job choice , what you you know about ur training ( remember ur basic training at raleigh is now 9 weeks even though it says 8 on the website) any more i can help you with dnt hesitate to ask. good luck
from kenny
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Heyup Meggs,
you don`t look old enough to have a sixteen year old daughter :roll:
Clock this link :wink:
viewtopic.php?t=13107

Tell her to relax, it can`t be that hard if Doc, JoJo and Flo all got in 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Meggie

Re: interview

Post by Meggie »

krscott86 wrote:hiya i did my interview for the navy about twon weeks ago they usually ask you stuff about your background, how you get along with your family, how u got along with teachers, what subjects u liked, if you have any hobbies or intrests , what you know about the navy, what types of ships could you serve on, how much you know about your job choice , what you you know about ur training ( remember ur basic training at raleigh is now 9 weeks even though it says 8 on the website) any more i can help you with dnt hesitate to ask. good luck

Hi Kenny, well done!!
She was fairly prepared but wasn't aware they would ask her about current world affairs, at least we know a bit more and she can prepare for it over the weekend.

Did they let you know if you were successful on the day?
krscott86

Post by krscott86 »

yeh they told me straight away and then i had to do my medical the same day

good luck let me know how u got on
from kenny
Chris1983

Post by Chris1983 »

I did my interview early in May and discussed the majority of things that other people have mentioned.

I also got asked the difference between a Frigate and a Destroyer but I guess this question could vary. Also, the fitness test requirements once at Raleigh and the PJFT time I had to achieve to be accepted.

For some good information on current Navy affairs it is worth popping into the AFCO and picking up a Navy News.

My interview was more of a friendly discussion than a job interview, as long as your daughter is relaxed she should be fine.
harry hackedoff

Or Navy News website or official RN site or defence internet news mod oracle or even rum ration if you are terminally anchor faced 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Meggie

Post by Meggie »

Got my daughter swotting up as I type this...............

She is feeling ok about it all and both her Dad and myself are going to take her down and wait for her.

Keep your fingers crossed and I will let you all know how it goes as the interview is on Monday morning
harry hackedoff

You still don`t look old enough :roll:
Meggie

Post by Meggie »

Hi

She passed her interview and the medical!!
Just got the 2.4km run to do on Thursday which should be fine as she has been running for athletics clubs ( long distance ) for the last 5 years

Thanks to all for you help and support
Meggie

Post by Meggie »

She's certainly in now...............did the 2.4km tredmill run in 2 mins 6 sec's under the time required
Just waiting for dates now for the aquaint and also dates for Raleigh which could be anytime from October to January!

Thanks again for all the support
Chris1983

Post by Chris1983 »

That's great news!

I am in the same boat; just waiting for my start date which could be anytime. When I applied I was told it would be around nine months from April so I am hoping for a date in January.