Share This Page:

Hms Raleigh preperation

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
krscott86

Hms Raleigh preperation

Post by krscott86 »

could anyone give me some insight to how fit you need to be and the kind of exercises u will be required to do
from kenny
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

I don't think you'll really have to worry too much about your fitness as it will be a progressive fitness programme and will be designed to build you up slowly. I would imagine you will just be doing some circuit training and some runs to start off with, you may even do sports as part of your fitness programme.

With you joining the Navy you won't be expected to be super fit before you join as that's not really their priority as it's not an essential part of your job in the same way it would be for the Army. They will be looking more at your intelligence, attitude and ability to work as part of a team more than anything.

Just make sure you have a good basic fitness and you should be fine. If you do a few 2 mile runs a week or go swimming you should be able to build up a good level of fitness which will help you once you start training.

Good luck.
krscott86

raleigh

Post by krscott86 »

yeh i didnt think that they would expect super fit but always gd to check
from kenny
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Keep in mind though that the fitter you are the easier you will find it and also if you impress them with your fitness it may score you a few easy points with your training staff :wink:
Chris1983

Post by Chris1983 »

You will complete a fitness test when you get to Raleigh. The details are in the booklet that your AFCO should have given to you (if you have applied). If you are 24 or under then you have to achieve some like this:

1.5 mile run in under 11 minutes 13 seconds
30 press ups
30 sit ups
50 metre swim in overauls and then tread water for 2 minutes

They are about right but probably not 100% as I have written them from memory.