Share This Page:

Selection 12+13/04

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
jE^_^

Selection 12+13/04

Post by jE^_^ »

I go for my selection on the 12 and 13th of April after completing my interviews at the AFCO.

I recently twisted my ankle in a football match and my ankle was black, so kinda trying to do a crash fitness course to catch back up, im sure i will pass the physical just nice to feel fit too though.

Im going to Lichfield, Staffordshire...

Well on the way now, i have to take a Spyro test, which i believe is to check my heart rate over lung capacity or similar theory.

Wish me luck guys!

J
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
HCR

Post by HCR »

Good luck lad.

I did my RSC at Litchfield, the 1.5 mile course is a bit cheeky but just run your b*llocks off and you will be alright.

Once again good luck, what you joining?
Sky Police

Re: Selection 12+13/04

Post by Sky Police »

jE^_^ wrote:I go for my selection on the 12 and 13th of April after completing my interviews at the AFCO.

I recently twisted my ankle in a football match and my ankle was black, so kinda trying to do a crash fitness course to catch back up, im sure i will pass the physical just nice to feel fit too though.

Im going to Lichfield, Staffordshire...

Well on the way now, i have to take a Spyro test, which i believe is to check my heart rate over lung capacity or similar theory.

Wish me luck guys!

J
I assume you had childhood asthma also then? Apparently i did, although i think the nurse at the time was talking out of her arse when she diagnosed me. Never needed to use that inhaler thing once. i swear they just diagnose it if they can't find the correct problem!! :evil:
barnseythereferee

Post by barnseythereferee »

I dont want to sound silly here. But im 15 and found selection wasnt hard unless you put in 110% and they can see you are. I went home aching and didnt manage to bang out 1 pull up as i fell off lol. Best of luck and enjoy it as i no a few of us did.
[img]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/barnseyboy/refereebanner1rc4.jpg[/img]
jE^_^

Re: Selection 12+13/04

Post by jE^_^ »

Sky Police wrote:I assume you had childhood asthma also then?
I was born 9 weeks early and had 1 collapsed lung... so yea things didnt start off so good. i have always been an active person since i was a kid so i think i have either grew out of it, or adjusted so i can keep up with other people...

im trying to be an operator military intelligence, a hard corps to get into but im going to try my best, been very positive so far at my local AFCO so i hope i can build on that....

1.5 miles is ok, i think i will be able to do it, i find i can run harder if im running against someone but on my own i can still do it comfortably... not fast but a pass by any means.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

Is it 14 minutes for the artillery? I had also looked at Operator Military Intelligence.

I decided in the end though that it was Para Reg or nothing. Then after a few years i'll be able to apply for the pathfinders (hopefully). Long time off yet, but i like to have long term goals! :)

Mike
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Sky Police wrote:I decided in the end though that it was Para Reg or nothing. Then after a few years i'll be able to apply for the pathfinders (hopefully). Long time off yet, but i like to have long term goals! :)

Mike
Thats the way to do it Mike, Para reg or nothing. :wink: The only 1.5 mile time you need to be thinking about is 9:18. If possible make sure you get under 9 minutes when you go to RSC.

As for your longer term goals, its not essential to tell your platoon staff in depot or anything, just wait until you are in your battalion and you have atleast done 1 tour and a year before applying for PF for example.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
jE^_^

Post by jE^_^ »

i think as long as you got ambition and can run 1.5 miles in 11min or under from there on determination will do the rest and run times will improve. wish me luck :D
Albert Einstein
jE^_^

Post by jE^_^ »

'referral'.....

suspected heart mermer, i feel abit gutted but life goes on. Got a check up on 19th April to see if im in the all clear, passed medical otherwise.
Albert Einstein
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
Sky Police wrote:I decided in the end though that it was Para Reg or nothing. Then after a few years i'll be able to apply for the pathfinders (hopefully). Long time off yet, but i like to have long term goals! :)

Mike
Thats the way to do it Mike, Para reg or nothing. :wink: The only 1.5 mile time you need to be thinking about is 9:18. If possible make sure you get under 9 minutes when you go to RSC.

As for your longer term goals, its not essential to tell your platoon staff in depot or anything, just wait until you are in your battalion and you have atleast done 1 tour and a year before applying for PF for example.
I can walk 1.5m in 9:18!! :wink:

Like i say, PF is a 'long term' goal. Might even decide i want something different when i'm in but for now it remains something to aim for in the future. :D
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Nice one. Its not hard really is it! Alot of people flap over running it in that time.

When do you start your application?
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

I go to depot on May the 20th. Athens platoon i think it is! :D

Can't effin wait!! :D

Mike
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

Best run time so far is 7:57 but at selection i only managed 8:05. I gave it everything i had though and was hanging out my arse by the time i'd finished.
good luck lad.

I did my RSC at Litchfield, the 1.5 mile course is a bit cheeky but just run your b*llocks off and you will be alright.

Once again good luck, what you joining?
quite a decent course i thought. A couple of hills but also a couple of downhill sections where you can fly.

Mike
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Sky Police wrote:Best run time so far is 7:57 but at selection i only managed 8:05. I gave it everything i had though and was hanging out my arse by the time i'd finished.
7:57 is a good effort. Bit of a racing snake then? I expect your probably one of these really annoying people who stay insanely fit all the time without doing anything. :roll:

What is your build by the way? And what do you weigh, just out of interest?
jE^_^

Post by jE^_^ »

Had my ECG scan on Thursday will let everyone know how it goes.

And as for run times in 7/8 mins you must be fit as a fiddle, i play football matchs 2 times a week and train twice a week too. I run like 4 miles to train, i also try my 1.5 mile run...(one or the other at least once a week) i can do the distance its just speed thats my problem, however 10mins is ok for me and its slowly getting better!!

anyone noticed the army website has changed and half the job titles have changed with it?? i was trying to print off my 3rd job choice and that to print out another job spec... weird, rang my AFCO and they laughed and said the IT guys must be bord.
Albert Einstein