Share This Page:

Joining the royal navy - got basic training on 1st October.

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
Navyboy Ian

Joining the royal navy - got basic training on 1st October.

Post by Navyboy Ian »

Hi there, I am new here.

I am Ian. I am currently in the process of joining the royal navy. I have done my tests.

Fitness - Got 9mins 55secs
Health check - Passed
Interview - Passed.

As you can see above i passed it all but anyways. I got my date for basic training in hms raleigh in plymouth. It is for 8 weeks.

Can someone tell me what to expect please and give me a real good description about what I will be doing and what it will involve etc...

Also after basic i then do professional training... 28 weeks in portsmouth. What kind of gap do i have between the two trainings? Will I be able to contact people when on training and do you reckon I can take a mobile phone?

Anyways as you can probably tell I am nervous as hell at the moment. When will the first pay packet be and is it weekly or monthly???

Anyone with any advice for me is greatly appreciated!!!

From Ian C
gav78

Post by gav78 »

Hiya. Well done on getting your date. Im still waiting for mine. Just wondered how long you had to wait after you had completed all the relevant tests to get your start date??

Oh and good luck...

Gav
Navyboy Ian

Post by Navyboy Ian »

Well I did my interview back on february 8th (morning after 18th birthday... i had a huge hangover) and I passed it fine. About 3 weeks later I had the physical and I passed that easy because I am quite fit as it is. Then 1 month after that I had the medical. It went ok but i found out im colour difficient on blue and green so i couldnt do (OMC) in computing.

I then picked weapons engineer and they said it would be a long wait until it all comes through. I waited from about march 2006 till june 2006 till i got my date come through the post. And now... it don't seem far away!!! It's at the end of the month!

Ive got a big leaving do to arrange and I am going to ibiza... cor... busy month. This time next week i will be in ibiza but this time next month i will be doing basic training. Any1 know more about basic training?

From Ian
Adam1

Post by Adam1 »

Pay is monthly direct into your bank account. This link is the navy site diary new entrants at raleigh.

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/sho ... geNav/3533

This is a useful thread on an alternative forum (hope thats allowed!)

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums ... t=541.html