Share This Page:

Making The Move

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
English Rose

Making The Move

Post by English Rose »

Some people here know that I've been trying to move for bloody ages and move in with my other half, based at Wattisham Airfield. Well, I am very pleased to announce that I shall be moving (fingers crossed) in the next two weeks or so.

I've left the Union Jack Club ( Lovely place to work, truly :roll: :evil: ) and have a new job to start in Ipswich this month and things, please just for once, will hopefully go as planned.

The past eight months have been nothing but bad news for us and it's a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel so I'm really, really pleased and excited. I'm a little nervous of moving to where I know nobody and he's going to be away a fair bit this year for pre-op exercises and training etc but it really is a huge weight off my shoulders now it's happening.
We have to rent until we're married, even though he can marry one of his mates now and get a pad straightaway :-? so I'm a bit anxious about the lack of interaction with other wives and girlfriends in the same boat but I'll be fine! Anyone else here at Wattisham? :o

Big thank you to certain people who have put up with my emotions :wink:

Must finish packing, must finish packing
Waiting for my rocket to come.
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

ER: Glad to hear things are working out for you and yours at last.

Good luck with the move, etc.

Don't forget to get yer internet hooked when you get there!

All the best!
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

We are still trying to get our contracts from the estate agents - what is it with those people? :evil: I think the guy wants to move in himself, he's very reluctant to hand them over to us. If they don't want me calling them rather than my boyfriend they want to pull their finger out, I tells ya now :o
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Good luck S :wink:
Isn`t there a wives club at Wattisham?
What does the soon-to-be Mr Rose do in the RAF?
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

Hiya Bertie :D How are you?

He's in the REME, attached to 3 Regt AAC. Not quite sure what he does, I think it involves alot of coffee and Daily Sport - he shows me pictures of trucks and stuff that he apparently gets greasy with but loses me when he starts talking about cogs and clutches. I find smiling and nodding occasionally distracts him from the fact I'm not listening to him anymore :lol:

I'm sure I'll meet people, just not sure how us not being married and living out of MQ's will affect that. He's going to be away quite alot this year so I'll be all on me own alot, probably still waiting for BT to put t'internet on :roll: Have to start reading books, I guess.
harry hackedoff

I`m good mate, thank you. Pity you`re leaving the UJC I was going to ask for mates rates for me next trip back to UKers :roll:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

Already left - long story :roll:

There's always the VSC, probably be a bit cheaper and the money you save can be spent by the missus just around the corner on Oxford Street. Always thinkin' :wink:
harry hackedoff

There`s always the Sally Army if I want cheap, ffs :roll:

You`ve seen phots of my grot, and you think I want cheap :o
Soon go off some people :P

Best of luck to you and your man, have a happy life Rosey :wink:
Mwa Mwa :kissing:
got1

Post by got1 »

"I find smiling and nodding occasionally distracts him from the fact I'm not listening to him anymore :lol: "

ER, you will go a long way. :)
Good Luck.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

S.
Very best to you and your man.
Keep us abreast of the situation :oops:
You know what I mean.

Wholley. 8)
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

Thanks folks :D

Signed the contract at the weekend so with any luck we'll be off soon. Assuming Estate Agent of the Year pulls his fingers out.

Cheers for all the good wishes, I'll let you be the first to know when I've had enough of him and come running back to London :wink:

Sara
flo

Post by flo »

good luck Sara,

hope it all goes to plan.

fiona
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

Thanks Fiona :)

Moving today, at long bleedin last. I'm spending the first week all on my own as he's on a course. I'll have no phone, no internet - whatever will I do with myself :cry:

Guess I'd better find a doctor as we now have a baby on the way :D :D

Very, very early days at the moment so I'm a little anxious. Gets me out of carrying boxes though :wink: :D

Speak to you all soon and let you know how it's going.

Sara
:dance:
flo

Post by flo »

Like you said, No lifting heavy boxes.Huge congratulations to you both.