Share This Page:

7 Para RHA.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
adambatley

7 Para RHA.

Post by adambatley »

Hi all just wondering if anybody can tell if you can volunteer for 7 para RHA straight after phase 2? or if you have to serve in a RA trade first and then volunteer?
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Basic Skills Test - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
Dixie66

Post by Dixie66 »

From what i know, you go through Phase 1, then Phase 2 to become a gunner, then as you join 7RHA your fitness is assesed to see if you are ready for P-Coy. It's then a 4 week build up regime with P-Troop before the 2 week PT hammering at P-Coy before the test week. And then after that it's 8 jumps to earn the wings.

If you fail P-Coy you stay with 7 RHA, wear the beret but don't have the wings and from what i've heard you geta lot of s**t for that!! Then you attempt it again at some point.
copymenu

Post by copymenu »

Dixie66 wrote:From what i know, you go through Phase 1, then Phase 2 to become a gunner, then as you join 7RHA your fitness is assesed to see if you are ready for P-Coy. It's then a 4 week build up regime with P-Troop before the 2 week PT hammering at P-Coy before the test week. And then after that it's 8 jumps to earn the wings.

If you fail P-Coy you stay with 7 RHA, wear the beret but don't have the wings and from what i've heard you geta lot of s**t for that!! Then you attempt it again at some point.
So if you are posted to 7RHA P-company is one of the earliest courses you will be guaranteed to do? You dont have to wait for months for the course to open up?
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

your not garuateed P Company you still need to show you want it, nothing is for free in the Army mate
Dixie66

Post by Dixie66 »

As i said, following Phase 2 your fitness and desire will be assessed and a decision will be made to send you up to Catterick for P-Coy or not.
Application - Done
BARB - 68 Passed
Basic Skills Test - Passed
Medical Forms - Cleared (eventually!)
ADSC Passed- 25/08/09
INT Corps Selection - Feb 2010
Chosen Jobs- #1 Operator Military Intelligence (Int Corps) / #2 Royal Corps of Signals