Share This Page:

Application Time-span! (Infantry)

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Jono 8192

Application Time-span! (Infantry)

Post by Jono 8192 »

Alright guys, this is my first ever post here! :D

Right well, I want to join the Royal Anglian Regiment. So far I haven't started the application. Can someone explain the order and time span of things?

Like, application > interview > medical > training or whatever order it goes in :P. I am just wondering how long I would have to wait to get into the swing of things after I applied.

Thanks lads, Jono. :)
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

Helo mate welcome lol
once you handed your application in, you will go for your barb test and depending on what score you get varies the jobs, but its easy so you should be fine. then your first interview about your job with your recruiter and then the second is with his boss.
Then on to your writeen medical which your doctor must sign and verify, then its sent up to ADSC and they clarify you or defer you and tell you why, thenn if you pass selection you will get your intake date soon after.

this will take about 6 months tops!
mine has, i applied in august and im going in March
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed
Intake - 1st March
Choosen Regiment - The Coldstream Guards
Jono 8192

Post by Jono 8192 »

Hi mate. So 6 months from applying to start of training? Then it's like 6 months for training? So that's about a year overall correct?

On the BARB test I would hope to get a decent/high score as I'm at 6th Form and have good GCSE's and I was recommended a job like Intelligence as I am good with launguages but I mainly want to join the infantry..
just_me

Post by just_me »

Application - BARB & BST - Medical Forms - Interview 1 - Interview 2 - ADSC - Oath - Intake

That's the rough way of things, you may be given your Medical Forms once you've brought in your application. There may also be things like problems with the medical where you may need to get tests done and results sent back, Insight courses etc.
Last edited by just_me on Wed 07 Jan, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

Well that is just a rough guide mate, dont set your heart on 6 months. thats just how long it took me. and go for what you think youl enjoy and do best in not what other people think, at the end of the day it is your career.
Intake - 1st March
Jono 8192

Post by Jono 8192 »

Thanks guys I know the infantry wont give me many qualifications but I can join the Police which I am interested in.

How fit do you have to be to join the Infantry? My mate in the RAF Reg said you just need a basic level of fitness to pass selection and then the mental determination and willpower to get through training. Any advice?
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

any job in the army you need to be fit but, be fit for selection andf you wll fly threw it, then after selection keep training and once yur there and started basic training the fitness there will obv improve you. so be fairly fit for basic.
Intake - 1st March
Jono 8192

Post by Jono 8192 »

Yeah so just get good at pressups situps etc and get some decent running times down?
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

yeah basically just go for jogs and runss :)
Intake - 1st March
adamb

Post by adamb »

Infantry thankfully doesn't have a long waiting list, i think catterick takes 120-140 recruits every 2 weeks. Im joining royal anglians mate, got my oath on 24th and i go away on the 8th febuary for ITC.

Applied Beginning of August(went to one of the open day things were you go in the AFCO and watch a few DVDS, very old DVDS lol), decided i liked what i saw so started application - Had BARB Test exactly a week later, Had BST exactly a week after that, Sent the medical forms away end of August, Had a reply by end of september( doctor was on holiday so it shouldnt take yours too long, unless same situation of course ), Had interview 1 a few days later, everything went OK so you have to have another with a senior rank; luckily one was free at the time so did interview 2 5minutes later(dont fret with the interviews there nothing). Had ADSC 6&7th November, take my oath on the 24th of this month and I start ITC on feb 8th! So it isnt that long mate, good luck with the Anglians I may meet you in the near future :P
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

Mine is basically the same situation as AdamB, except we going diff places and diff times and diff reg! lol
Intake - 1st March
AussieRick

Post by AussieRick »

Gday guys! Sorry to throw up a relatively old thread.. but I didn't think it would be appropriate to start a new one.

I'm currently in the process of applying for the Australian Army. But, I've been giving alot of thought to heading to the land of the Pom and joining you lads over there -- mainly because I think there are opportunities within the Brit Army that us Aussies dont have, in terms of travel and deployments (and im told English birds love Aussie accents too :lol: ).

So, my question is if i applied the 6month process could be a bugger. Would there be any way to quicken the process or is it just something that I'd have to live with?

Any help is appreciated lads,

Rick
maunder123

Post by maunder123 »

its not always 6months.... My recruiter said i should be in adsc in march overall thats 3months, its nothing to do with the process mine is longer its just my intake will be September 09 fixed.
B.a.r.b - passed - 68
Medical - in process
Basic Skills - 28th january
regiment choice - reme
trade - vehicle mechanic
-------------------------------------------
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

The rough guide is 6 months, as they are always busy and dealing with alot more people. So 6 months is a guide to look at.
Intake - 1st March
Timecop

Post by Timecop »

guys n gals,

ive got my ADSC 16th july, everything gone well so far (fingers crossed, touch wood, salute the magpie, rabbits foot in pocket),

HOWEVER...................

I know im partially colourblind and worried that ill get defferred or declared medically unfit once i get upto adsc, can anyone advise me??

Also is there anything else they are keen on up there??

Any help /advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers.