Share This Page:

ITC Reporting for Duty Kit List

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
adamb

ITC Reporting for Duty Kit List

Post by adamb »

Got my kit list the other day just thought i would post it here, may remind some people of things they forgot to put on or something and also to ask if anyone can see anythings iv'e missed? or things iv'e put on that do not need to be there? Thanks.

National Health Card
National Insurance Card
Birth Certificate
Provisional Licence (Both Card & Paper) & Theory Certificate
Passport
8 x Passport Photos
All GCSE Qualifications & Educational Certificates
Bank Account Details
Shirt
Tie
Trousers
Shoes
* Civilian Coat
* Jeans
* T-Shirt
Swimming Trunks
Flip Flops
Shorts
Handkerchiefs
Nightwear
Tracksuit
Trainers
Holdall & Suitcase
Soap
Soap Dish
Shaving Gel
Wet Razor + Spare Blades
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
2 Large Dark Towels
Face Flannel
Nail Kit (Inc Brush)
Cotton Buds
Foot Powder/Cream
Shower Gel
Clothes Washing Powder
2 x Deodrant
Shampoo
Conditioner
Comb/Hairbrush
First Aid Kit (Inc Scissors,Painkillers, Aspirin)
2 Boot Brushes
Large Tin Of Kiwi Parade Polish ( Black )
15 Wooden Coathangers
Sewing Kit (Inc, Khaki, Black, White thread)
Cheap Waterproof Watch
Alarm Clock ( With Radio )
Pack of Black Ballpoint Pens
Pack of Pencils
Notebook
Pack of Envelopes
Pack of 1st Class Stamps
Good Electrical Steam Iron
Can of Spray Starch
Black Permanent Marker
Small Penknife/Multi-Tool
Maglite Torch
Metre Long; Inch Wide Black Elastic
5 Hasp Type Padlocks
Photos of Family/Girlfriend
Small Book
Mobile Phone With Credit
7 x Socks
Swimming Goggles
Home Addresses
Head Torch
Black Tape
Sudocrem
Berghaus Waterproof Coat
7 x Underpants
Ipod Shuffle
tom163

Post by tom163 »

The only thing I would suggest is take some more Deodrant, shower gel and stuff like that as you will be there for 20/28/32 weeks depending on regiment you have chosen.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Should be 26 weeks but im doing the 2 week catch up course, thanks for that though i'll buy extra. I was on another website and somebody posted a similiar thread and some guy posted to get 2x Soap Dish & Soap, 2x Razors, 2x Razor blades, 2x Toothpaste, 2x Toothbrush, 2xShaving gel etc and 'Plenty of twisters and a few more decent bungees would be useful'. Is that neccessary taking 2 of the wash kit bits and some twisters and bungees?
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Something i've seen on other lists which i can't see on yours, unless i've missed it, is ear plugs. I guess these are an essential remedy for snorers, people who wake up to go to the toilet every 2 hours, and night farters.
just_me

Post by just_me »

OrcinusOrca wrote:Something i've seen on other lists which i can't see on yours, unless i've missed it, is ear plugs. I guess these are an essential remedy for snorers, people who wake up to go to the toilet every 2 hours, and night farters.
If you do buy these, buy a few packets because you will have to change them quite often.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

It's probably a good idea to have two of any of the wash kit things which will need to be displayed in your locker for inspection, saves a lot of hassle if your inspections are anything like ours were!
One tip though, If you have a brand new bar of soap in your soap dish on the first day, make sure it looks like you've used it before the next inspection!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

** trouser elastic things for parade trousers to keep the bottom curled up in to the inside, unless they have ties already on the trousers (We didn't at cadets so i'm going on that for the moment.

** I'd say two tins of boot polish

***** A GOOD IRON! STARCH AND DEIONISED WATER! ******

***Chronograph pencils for map marking (special pencil that you can wipe away instead of using a rubber) ***

** Vaseline**

** Eye wash **

** Sturzack Powder**

** Woollen socks (helps reduce friction in boots **

Any more i'll let you know.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Thanks for all your info so far, has been very useful. In response to the bungee's, this ok?

(link removed by Admin)
Paul.harper

Post by Paul.harper »

take some good hand mositurizer as well when i did 2 weeks away with the ta we were in the field 24/7 for 2 weeks and my hands were cracked and sore

so def a good idea mate
adamb

Post by adamb »

Thanks again everyone. See this today,

(link removed by Admin)

worth buying or not? 48ml bottle for £7 seems abit steep.
LostandFound

Post by LostandFound »

I doubt you will be allowed to use that mate, just crack on with the old fashioned, time-consuming, mind-numbingly boring bit of cotton wool, bit of Kiwi black/brown, bit of water method. Works a treat.
BENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCHBENDSTRETCH!!!!!!!!
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

The army doesn't like quick fix things i.e quick boot bullers, they like to see pride taken in the uniform not a quick corner cut.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Well, at least in training, afterwards crack on with whatever fancy stuff you can get away with :wink:

Chinagraph pencils are a good one for the field; however, I would recommend superfine non-perm Lumicolours as well, as the pencils are too thick for accurate marking on your map tests - the line can end up being 30mils wide (not a good thing, for those of you who couldn't guess). Can be hard to find, tho military websites stock. On the same subject, if you have to buy a map case, get a GOOD one - Ortleib are the best - cheap ones dry out and crack, or just leak from new. Oh, and RVOps are an excellent chain, but generally overpriced, so shop around. Drop Zone Supplies are pretty good and in my experience cheaper.

Don't go massively overloaded, essentials are available from the NAAFI, you don't need to sustain yourself for six months (unless someone's gonna tell me they don't let you use the shop at Catterick) - so just take one or two tins of polish, not the entire Sainsbury's stock.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Thanks for your advice guys. I just got some standard pencils lol. I got told to take wooden coathangers, if nobody can find them go to amazon you can get 20 for £8 inc free delivery, i thought that was pretty cheap. One more question, what are the main main most important things to take to ITC apart from yourself. And is there any other tiny bits iv'e missed off or any optional extras that would be useful? Anybody here finished ITC and have any tips on some things to take? Thanks again all:).