Share This Page:

Illegal Substances

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Ilove the way ithas changed from

If I take drugs and get caught what happens??
TO
HOW LONG BEFORE I HAVE TO STOP???
Gentlemen if this is your dream job then you shouldnt be taking at all!!!!

Have never taken drugs in my life, I dont care if they do less damage than Drink Its against the law so dont bloody well do it.

Drugs are an idiots heaven.

Be under no illusions you Will get caught!!!!!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

i wasnt saying how long before i have to stop but how long does it stay in your system simply because i don't want to get knocked back for a mistake i made i just dont want to go in and get knocked just want to give it enough time since i last taken it if you know what i mean
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

No sympathy mate shouldnt have been an idiot in the first place.
Who says next time you get drunk you wont do it again
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

i sugest you stop what ever you're doing now, i mean NOW reguardless on what it is you do and what you read on the internet.. all the B.S you can read on the internet about how long it stays in and how many days hours months or what not doesn't mean jack, it's different for every person.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
flighty

Post by flighty »

I have thought long and hard before replying to this thread. I hope I don't regret doing so.

Pin your smart assed ears back, those of you who think it's a laugh to do drugs and want to join up.

My son was a bloody idiot at school. He wasted his time as did a lot of his mates. He left with a handful of less than average GCSEs .... neither use nor ornament to anyone.

At 17 he joined the army, did basic at Pirbright, Royal Artillery, and passed out having won the best at PT for his troop.

He then went to do P_Coy. Failed his first attempt but passed at his second.

By this time his corporals were singing his praises, he passed his Cadre training, still only 18 years old. I was the proudest mum on the face of this bloody planet. His photos were, still are, all over the walls of my house, along with my Dad's and Grandad's photos (Cheshires)

He was based at Colchester for a while .... spooky, because I was University there, hundreds of years ago. Greenronnie droppped him off an Easter egg at the guardroom at my request ... caused no end of laughs on here at the time.

Not long after that he was home on leave and true to form he went out on the lash with his mates. Nothing wrong with that. Except by the following afternoon his mates were ringing me to ask had I seen him.

Long story cut shortish, about 12 hours later I tracked him down to Middlewich Custody suite. He had been caught with a fingernail sized amount of coke in some bugger's garden at the back of my house, pissed as a parrot.

It took months for it to be resolved. He received only a caution from the police but they had to report it to his CO who had the last word. His Staff Sergeant stood up for him saying he would be one shit hot soldier but the CO who was getting his shit together to go Afghanistan wasn't having any of it.

My son was binned.

You cannot imagine the heartbreak it caused to me, his sister, his grandparents and the shame he felt for himself and his stupidity.

The army was going to be his life.

Three years later he has got himself a job with prospects. But I still cry thinking about what he could have made of himself with the army. And he still has his P_Coy photos on his wall, as do I.

It's taken me a bloody long time to talk about this on open forum.

Over to you .....
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

Im not sure what to make of the last post, a fiew typo's ect make me think it isn't true, but alot of parents have a heart break story about one of their kids, even if they shit gold bars theres allways that one time in their lifes where the parent has thought... damn i thought better of my child.
Alot of idiots SNAFU'd them selfs with the most major prospects in life, and i can see how heart breaking it is, but you should just think.. you're son was that much of a tit and thought the backing of a STAFF SGT would help him, frankly i don't know where to stand on you're story, it's a eye opener and tear jerker if you knew you're son was forced to do the drugs ect, but he made the choice.. drunk or not.. he done it and was punished.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
flighty

Post by flighty »

There are no typos there.

Your response is exactly why I have not bothered to post my story on here.

This is what I and my family went through. I make no excuses for my son's actions.

And neither does he.

If OUR story helps recruits to make their minds up re drug taking then that is why I posted.

Before you correct my posts , get your own written English sorted.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

I'm not used to this keyboard, appolagies for my post.. i still stand by what i said.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
flighty

Post by flighty »

Your keyboard is fine.

Your written English, however, is crap. And so is your reading ability.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

You obviously taken what i said to heart so thats not my problem, yeah i aint' the brightest spark with english o-well.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
flighty

Post by flighty »

So don't bother someone with reasonable English about supposed typos.

You might also prepare yourself for reminders about how important it is to be precise with your language. Especially in the military. :roll:
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

flighty wrote:So don't bother someone with reasonable English about supposed typos.

You might also prepare yourself for reminders about how important it is to be precise with your language. Especially in the military. :roll:

O.k i said sorry, no need to start beeing an ass hole. get over what i said.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
flighty

Post by flighty »

'Being an asshole' one 'e' in 'being.' :roll:

You coming out to play again tomorrow?
flighty

Post by flighty »

rossy-d wrote:Why didn't he just offer his CO a few lines then or something? Surely he would have let him off for that.

If all else fails, they could have talked about it sensibly whilst gettin bumped up playing with their weapons on a silenced fully automatic mode playing eye spy with my little eye naked on the brecon beacons riding sheep as they pleased.
His mate from school, who I am not going to bubble, was caught with it whilst on duty, same weekend, different regiment, in uniform. He has recently returned from a tour of Afghanistan. He was not binned.

I have been honest and open after three years. Do not give me grief about drug taking. I am trying to give some parental advice to silly bleeders who might just threaten their careers.
flighty

Post by flighty »

rossy_d .... welcome to the forums. :roll: