Share This Page:

Johnny Nelson P Coy video

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Rooper

Post by Rooper »

London Boy wrote:How long has that been the case?
I remember a female attempting P Coy back in 1991 - you should have heard the cheer go up around the depot when she jacked on the trainansium!!
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:
Greenronnie wrote:
London Boy wrote:Thanks for the correction. And is that a fact, women can do P Company?

I had absolutely no idea.
However, being able to have a go and being capable of passing are obviously two different things. As far as I'm aware, no female has ever even got through the beat-up phase, correct me if I'm wrong Sandy.
Ronnie one has she made it all the way too the end of test week and got a stand up fail.
Never heard of that one mate, good effort on her behalf though. What unit was she from, and what was she failed on?
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

just_me wrote:When women complete P-Coy, what do they use their new-found skills for as I had no idea that women did Combat Parachuting?
Well, as we have already established that no female has ever passed P Coy, that is a bit of a daft question really.

Just as a point of interest, there have been a few female PJIs, about 4 so far I think. Obviously they have done the basic para course. A couple have even done the HAPC (HALO) course too.
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Greenronnie wrote:
SandyTheGuvnor wrote:
Greenronnie wrote: However, being able to have a go and being capable of passing are obviously two different things. As far as I'm aware, no female has ever even got through the beat-up phase, correct me if I'm wrong Sandy.
Ronnie one has she made it all the way too the end of test week and got a stand up fail.
Never heard of that one mate, good effort on her behalf though. What unit was she from, and what was she failed on?
She was 3 Para MO and i would have too say she is the fittest female i have ever seen in the army.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Wasn't Miss Lea was it??
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

Nelson didn't even like fighting when he was a world champion. He was too defensive minded - you only have to look at his face to see he hardly ever took any shots! Good boxer though. He came from the Brendan Ingle stable, alongside people like Naseem Hamed, Herol Graham and Junior Witter (who lost his world title last Saturday). My bro-in-law works with him at Sky Sports and he didn't mention it to me. Maybe Nelson was keeping it quiet.

His style goes against everything that milling is about. Good effort for giving it a go though.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.