Share This Page:

Upper age limit for the Paras

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Boxingmad

Upper age limit for the Paras

Post by Boxingmad »

Is it still 26 years old for the upper-age limit for para reg, or have they had to go with the government's new policy & take in people up to 33?
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

Tab

Post by Tab »

You must remember that most of the lads will be about 18 years old and most of the NCO's and officers will be younger than you are
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

Tab wrote:You must remember that most of the lads will be about 18 years old and most of the NCO's and officers will be younger than you are
Certainly something i've thought about but it's just soemthing you get on with I suppose. They are the ones with the experience whether they are 21 or 41.

I've just turned 26 so I might get some stick for being a grandad but nevermind. My mate who is in basic at the min, who's 24, isn't finding it a problem.

Anyway, being such an ugly c**t might divert some attention from my age!! :lol:

Mike
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

thats right mike it might cos u aint the prettiest thing ive ever seen lol
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

If I remember correctly the upper limit for the Parachute Regiment is 35...........................Hold on, wait a minute, sorry that refers to the upper IQ limit!
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

sky ninja steve wrote:thats right mike it might cos u aint the prettiest thing ive ever seen lol
Cheers mate! lt's been a hard life!! lmao
Rogue Chef wrote:If I remember correctly the upper limit for the Parachute Regiment is 35...........................Hold on, wait a minute, sorry that refers to the upper IQ limit!
About 3 points higher than the thought going into writing that then... :lol:

Mike
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Rogue Chef wrote:If I remember correctly the upper limit for the Parachute Regiment is 35...........................Hold on, wait a minute, sorry that refers to the upper IQ limit!
Calm down mate before your pacemaker piles in. :wink: :D
SkyPolice wrote:Anyway, being such an ugly c**t might divert some attention from my age!!
Perhaps you might be the next BUM (battalions ugliest man) :P :lol:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Sky Police

Post by Sky Police »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
SkyPolice wrote:Anyway, being such an ugly c**t might divert some attention from my age!!
Perhaps you might be the next BUM (battalions ugliest man) :P :lol:
Will I win a prize?? LMAO
RA_Tom

Post by RA_Tom »

Hello,

I think its great that the army have uppped the age limit for joining, I think it is a reflection of how differently an army career is perceived these days. The age limit was obviously based around a 22 year service, and how many people going through depot with you will do the full 22? Not that many I reckon. Plus having been civi, and choosing to join now, shows a lot of motivation. I wouldnt worry about being outranked by people younger that you, thats been happening since the army introduced commissions :wink: albeit not always respected :o :wink:
As a 26 yr old you'll be aware that several months of training isnt a long time, and hopefully you'll be in your battalion before you know it, and with your own stripe soon enough. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Yours

Tom
boempie

Post by boempie »

So what is the upper age limit for officers then?