Share This Page:

COMMANDO-Winning the green beret

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
south african

COMMANDO-Winning the green beret

Post by south african »

COMMANDO-Winning the green beret by Hugh McManners
This book arises from the tv series of the same name.
Havent been able to track down the series but this is a good book for anybody thinking of joining.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 34-6705238
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Heyup Kaffir :wink: Hugh McManners should know better than to say "winning the Green Beret"
I didn`t win mine.
I earned the bastard 8)
Down the store, you can pick one up for a few quid, but the true cost is( all together now) four tonnes of Blood, Sweat and Tears :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Pasha

Post by Pasha »

harry hackedoff wrote:Heyup Kaffir
Who're you calling an infidel?!

Don't know about the Marine Commandos, but I had a couple of the Boer variety in the back of the car this morning. The Memsahib has got some of the tribe over visiting from die VryStaat and (un?)fortunately they only speak Afrikaans. I am, as a consequence, still wiping the spittle from the back of my neck.

Ref; McManners, maybe he views the beret as a prize. More along the lines of an Olympic Gold Medal than a village fête, if you get my drift.
Regards meneer!

Pasha
"To subdue the enemy without using force, is the acme of skill" Sun Tzu.
south african

Post by south african »

Hey, none of that kaffir business around me pls ! :fist: My uncle just last week found one of these chaps sitting very quietly by the pool watching him working on the pc.(At 4 in the morning) Only two days earlier they broke in and stole alot of things, and one of these guys was waiting there just watching :o
Pasha im sure your Boer guests are alright deep down, mayby a little hard if the refuse to praat engels around you, all I can say is keep your head up and keep the brandy flowing. Lots of ice no water . Usually does the trick :wink: and for your guests try giving them some really old biltong, the dryer the better, might keep them chewing long enough for the brandy to kick in !! :lol: then all will be quiet and peacefull once again :wink:

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Meneer, don`t you go biting so quickly, hey? :wink: They sell a lot of Biltong down here, too 8)
Was that you at the England versus Serth Effrica game in Perth, kept asking me about Harry Hewitt?

Me brother just went back to UK after his neighbour shot one in the street. What convinced my bro to move after 25 years, was all the bullet holes in his lounge windows :roll: He as really adjusted to living in Maidenhead after his lifestyle in SA, not :roll:
Spion Kop, by the way :wink: Ich sprecht een leetle vlaams :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Pasha

Post by Pasha »

Biltong? These people are expecting a full on braaivleis! Don't they know that it rains during our summer? Other than that they fit right in, as Maidenhead is crawling with South African exiles and back-packers. They even have a store here that caters to their home-sickness (named inventively enough The South African Shop) where they all go to pay over the odds for Castle Lager.

Still, should've seen them all when the England rugby team creamed the Springboks. Oh how we chortled and cried "Huzzah for Mafeking!"

Meneer VanderHackedoff, is jou kennis van Vlaams genoeg verstaan Afrikaans eweneens? Jy verbaas my nogmaals!
Regards!

Pasha
"To subdue the enemy without using force, is the acme of skill" Sun Tzu.
south african

Post by south african »

Pass ! :o Looks like you gentlemen have more of a grasp of the old boer'a lingo than myself :oops: We really must be spreading our wings and educating the rest of the world hey ! As for the rugby remark :fist:
have patients my friend, we will rule again !!!! You Poms have gotten lucky recently,very lucky :wink:
P.S Pasha just bought myself some castle boerewors yesterday which im planning to throw on the braai soon as we have a few hours of sunlight :drinking:
castle boerewors life gets no better :P
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

harry hackedoff wrote:Meneer, don`t you go biting so quickly, hey? :wink: They sell a lot of Biltong down here, too 8)
Was that you at the England versus Serth Effrica game in Perth, kept asking me about Harry Hewitt?

Me brother just went back to UK after his neighbour shot one in the street. What convinced my bro to move after 25 years, was all the bullet holes in his lounge windows :roll: He as really adjusted to living in Maidenhead after his lifestyle in SA, not :roll:
Spion Kop, by the way :wink: Ich sprecht een leetle vlaams :wink:
Maidenhead aint much better. Avoid the town centre on a Fri/Sat night. Very unruly. Only a matter of time b4 we hear gunfire there, too.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.