Share This Page:

Ross Kemp in afganistan

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
adj125

Post by adj125 »

It is the pistol grip off the Minimi
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
FutureMarine

Post by FutureMarine »

_chris wrote:You do know that the l85a1 is an SA80 don't you? No one actually previously mentioned the A2 but in any case the A1 was upgraded into the current issue weapon the A2; both the A1 and the upgraded A2 were/are in use by the army not exclusively the Royal Marines. So there is no reason that the Royal Anglians wouldn't be the SA80 A2
Okie Dokie I just got a tad confused with the grenade launcher underneath because I don't see it on the royal anglians weapons.
Psychometric Test - PASSED
Eye Test - PASSED
Interview - PASSED
Medical - PASSED
PJFT - 9:43 PASSED
Selection Weekend - 28/03/08
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

The R.Anglians have UGL's too, I'd hazard a guess to say that every fighting corps/regiment would have them.
topper_harley

Post by topper_harley »

marinewannabe wrote:Most troops carry pistols now as a backup if they run out of rounds.....simple :D
Pistols are carried for personal defence, ie if you are driving and some mad b'stard runs up to your vehicle with a grenade in his hand or whatever (it happens out there!). They are also handy if you get a stoppage and you are bloody close to the enemy, ie FIBUA.

They aren't for 'if you run out of ammo.' Try winning the fire fight with a pistol, the enemy has AKs etc and they are 200 metres away...maybe not.

As for the SA80 discussion, of course every front line unit uses both the A2 version and the UGL. It doesn't matter whether you are Para, RM or Rifles, they are all doing the same job.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Bought this on DVD when it was first released at the begining of April - loved it. Does exactly what it says.
None of this politics bulsh*t like you get from reporters saying stuff about different sides of the war and asking all sorts of sh*tty questions. It's all about the soliders and their familes views. Well done for him for reporting it how it is and letting the soldiers speak out about it all, including the very unfortunate blue on blue incident.
Very glad I bought this as I didn't get a chance to see it due to Virgin Media and Sky having handbags with each other.

This thread has also gone way off subject.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
topper_harley

Post by topper_harley »

AJtothemax wrote:This thread has also gone way off subject.
Situation no change! :lol:

I thought it was a cracking programme too.
malibuking

Post by malibuking »

I thought it was a good programme, and considering it was probably only allowed to be aired to show how well the lads are doing out there, Ross strikes a good blow to the governments under appreciation of the forces. Not an on going rant, but enough said, nice and subtly at the end, to get the cogs going in civvies minds!!!!! Fair play!
RMR Application: 04/12/07 PASSED
Psychometric Test: 04/12/07 PASSED
Eye Examination: 12/12/07 PASSED (VA1)
Interview: 08/01/08 PASSED
Medical: 06/02/08 PASSED
PJFT: 28/02/08 PASSED (9:33)
Selection weekend: TBA (September?)