Share This Page:

RMR Bristol Presentation [Wednesday 7th Nov '07]

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
Woody91

RMR Bristol Presentation [Wednesday 7th Nov '07]

Post by Woody91 »

Heyaaaa lads.
I've always been keen on this website for a fair few years now, but have always had issues trying to become a member on here.

Anyway back to the point of my post; I was wondering if there is anyone attending the RMR Bristol Presentation on Wednesday 7th November '07?

The whole south west area is completely new to me as I've just moved to Gloucester attending Hartpury College, studying rugby :P

So yeah, it'd be great for someone to reply back to this post giving me tips on life in the RMR and travelling tips.

Woody
southerncomfort

Post by southerncomfort »

Anyone know when the selection weekend is for RMR Bristol? I know Henley is in Jan but I dont think I'm gonna be up to standard by then. Just trying to find out when the next ones are after that cause I don't want to wait till Sept for the next one and would look to transfer if there is one before then.
Dolor brevis, superbia aeterna
clake101

Bristol

Post by clake101 »

Hello Woody,
I am also going to the 7th Nov evening, so I can't help with life in the RMR however I have lived in Bristol most of my life so I may be able to answer any questions about the South West.
Woody91

Post by Woody91 »

Thanks Clake,
Well basically I'm just worried about issues about actually getting to the Bristol attachment.

Because I'll be travelling from Gloucester and won't have a clue where to go from the Bristol train station??? Or how long it will take.

Any tips fella? :D
clake101

Post by clake101 »

Well I've had a look and to get from Temple Meads train station to RMR Bristol, your best bet is the 8 or 9 bus....

(http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/southwe ... 35,1485530)

... they go straight fromTemple Meads to Bristol zoo, from the zoo its about a 5 -10 minute walk.
Recruiting

Post by Recruiting »

The address for the Unit is;

Dorset House
Litfield Place
Clifton
Bristol
BS8 3NA

For more information about the unit and the RMR go to;

http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/units-an ... ristol.php
Recruiting

Post by Recruiting »

The next presentation evening for RMR Bristol is Wednesday the 7th November. You should arrive at the unit at 19:15. You will finish at around 20:45.

The next selection weekend (PRC) is in March 08. After attending a presentation evening you can attend the holding troop at bristol run every other Wednesday. This will allow you to participate in physical training to prepare you for the PRC.