Share This Page:

RMR in Nottingham?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
_shaun_

RMR in Nottingham?

Post by _shaun_ »

Hi Guys,

I really want to join the RMR after alot of thought, although it's come to attention that the nearest RMR detachment to me is Birmingham (I live in Derby) But I have heard rumours of a detachment opening in Nottingham next year. Can anyone comfirm this?

Also, I have noticed that I have missed this years selection! Does this only happen once a year?

Thanks in advance.
_shaun_

Post by _shaun_ »

PAGreenwell wrote:The latest edition of G&L was advertising.
What's the G&L? (sorry if it's a dumb question...)
Von

Post by Von »

Shaun,

G&L is the Globe and Laurel which is the Royal Marines magazine. Yes there is a det opening in Nottingham. I forget whether it is part of RMR Bristol or RMR Mersey but phone both of them and they will give you full details. If you haven't got their phone numbers then tap their names into Google and you will be able to get them.

Rgds,
Von
_shaun_

Post by _shaun_ »

Thanks Von
_shaun_

Post by _shaun_ »

Hi guys,

Thought I'd carry this thread on rather than spamming new theads.

I rang my nearest det (Birmingham) the other day to get some more info on joining etc, and the out come was to ring them back in Nov as they are going away?

So I have found this training plan to help me build my fitness up over the next six weeks. This plan was found on this forum so I'm guessing some of you will know it already. So far so good on actual times, took me 16 mins to run 2 miles on monday.

Is there anything missing from this plan or that can be changed to improve it? I do have a bike, so should I include a ride once a week?

I hope this plan will help others as well.

Is there anyone from the Birmingham det that give me so info on what nights training is on and the when the next selection process will be?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by _shaun_ on Sat 13 Oct, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_shaun_

Post by _shaun_ »

agapito

nottingham

Post by agapito »

there is a Royal Marines Reserve in nottingham near wigman road TA centre in bilborough, if all goes well ill hopefully be seeing some of the applicants from here.