Share This Page:

Name check

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

1.5 in 8:30 isn't that amazing, considering the world record is 6 minutes something i think. i can do the 1.5 in 8:48 on a good day.

Maybe ask him a few trick questions.

use the simple but effective 'You know what a walt is?'
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
druadan

Post by druadan »

No doubt Paratrooper will give you the definite answer, but there are certainly a fair number of pink-lidded signallers in 16 Air Assault Bde, I've met a few here and there. The 1.5 mile time is neither here nor there, it's a good time but not a fantastic one - the fittest lads in the Corps tend to beat 8 mins comfortably in boots, and I run around 8.20 booted; no doubt the racing snake Paras/Para trained ranks achieve similar times.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

I run 1.5 miles in 9 mins...in trainers. I know what your all thinking; fitness machine! :lol:

Cowboy,

there are plenty of FNG's in 16 Air Assault Brigade who cut around larging it, telling all their mates back home down the pub that they are paratroopers and that they breezed P-Company.

You can PM me his name if you want and i will ask around when i get back to work. I knew a few faces in 216 Signals who might know him, but to be honest he sounds like he is quite new to the squadron and he may/may not have done P-Company.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
toneuncagefire

Post by toneuncagefire »

best I managed was 8:23 and there were faster guys than me, hey cowboy, how many pushups did you do?
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

Paratrooper, you aint the only one to do 1.5miles in 9 mins, i done that too. why you bragging? some lads got 8 mins.
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed
Intake - 1st March
Choosen Regiment - The Coldstream Guards
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Er, tobyj, you ever heard of a little thing called sarcasm?
:lol:

(If people want to have a pissing contest about 1.5 mile times, my ex was running it in 7.30, at the age of 30, and I'm sure plenty of people have done it faster.)
It's not about beating other people, it's about getting the best time YOU can. And then doing it faster next time...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

My Mrs can hit under 8:30 on a cold day (She performs better when it's cold ;D)

lol any ways like any PTI or Officer or trainer will tell you, ''it's not the time it's the amount. Yeah fantastic you can do 1.5 in under 8 mins, we want you to do 2.5 in under 8mins and then after that 3.5, we want you bleeding and falling out you're ass and crying to go home to impress us''

OR something like that.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

tobyj wrote:Paratrooper, you aint the only one to do 1.5miles in 9 mins, i done that too. why you bragging? some lads got 8 mins.
As explained earlier...sarcasm. It was said because i know its not great but hey, the PFT is the easiest physical test in the military. Wait until you get to training and eventually onto Operations and you will understand. :wink:

Perhaps try the Pathfinder selection one day; i hear that its quite hard.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
mm1306

Post by mm1306 »

Anyone who is coming to depot should know that my 1.5 mile time got worse as the course went on(this is not just for me), but obviously the endurance and tabbing side got better.
I know this isn't what the thread is about but do not train on just 1.5 milers before you come to Catterick and practice some fast tabbing if you can, just be sure not to break your shins.
Dave_1987

Post by Dave_1987 »

Jstagg wrote:(She performs better when it's cold ;D)
So many things to say........think i might explode :wink: :wink: :lol:
RM Recruit Training 2nd March 09
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Private Cowboy, it does sound odd. I would imagine that if you noticed and questioned it (even in your own mind), then pretty much everyone else who heard him did too. How bothered are you whether he's actually done the all arms course or not? If he's going around shouting his mouth off and making himself sound like a bit of an idiot, then it will catch up with him sooner or later. Watch and laugh...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
jcclimber

run

Post by jcclimber »

Must admit, not too sure my run time is too hot at the moment. Mind you, I have been on the piss since Afghan :lol: Ran very fast -away from the police in South Africa this December.

Does that count???
druadan

Post by druadan »

Private Cowboy, just to apologise, I completely misread your first post; I thought it said originally 1.5 miles in 8m 40s, then by later in the night his time had dropped to 8m 30s, which is why I mentioned the time being neither here nor there.

8 miles in 40mins is certainly impressive, and only an accomplished runner would get near that. Doesn't mean he hasn't, although I'd think it unlikely given his 1.5 time (although some people do take a couple of miles to really get going...weirdos :wink:). On the other hand, even if he's throwing bullshit times around, doesn't mean he's not done P-Coy. Just a thought.