Share This Page:

Soccer AMs Iron Soldier

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
sportacus

Soccer AMs Iron Soldier

Post by sportacus »

MajorRageUK

Post by MajorRageUK »

He was the one who led the Insight course on Friday and the beginning of Saturday. I believe he's in 1PARA.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death I have no fear because I am the meanest motherf***er in the whole valley." - Staff Sargeant from Jarhead.
bpt

Post by bpt »

para

Post by para »

bpt wrote:Look at this cheeky c@#t :lol:

http://uk.truveo.com/Iron-Soldier/id/893867807
haha crackin PTI, reg bloke in recruiting team smashed him, hat PTIs for you, he was blowin too
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

para wrote:

haha crackin PTI, reg bloke in recruiting team smashed him, hat PTIs for you, he was blowin too

The duke of lancasters must be so proud!
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
wannabeseal

Post by wannabeseal »

Sandy The Guvnor wrote:
para wrote:

Cannnot wait until i bump into him so we can discuss this thing he has about "weak paras" :evil: :evil: :evil:

your getting so boring
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

At 02:55mins you can see my 2 Passions in life, The Parachute Regiment and Exeter City Football Club.
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

wannabeseal wrote:your getting so boring
wannabeseal if you carry on this way on this forum i think you will find some of the moderators will have something to say about it, gobbing off to serving paras ie:sandy, might make you get all excited over the internet but id like to see you do it to a para standing right in front of you mate :evil:
wannabeseal

Post by wannabeseal »

paraprep1 wrote:
wannabeseal wrote:your getting so boring
wannabeseal if you carry on this way on this forum i think you will find some of the moderators will have something to say about it, gobbing off to serving paras ie:sandy, might make you get all excited over the internet but id like to see you do it to a para standing right in front of you mate :evil:
Im sorry! i thought i was entitled to my opinion?? if you check Sandy's many posts out, he has many 'negative' things to say about other people and 'crap hats'.

I would actually be more likely to crap myself if Sandy was standing right in front of me, because he trains in pressure tested combat arts (such as Muay Thai, western boxing, BJJ, MMA etc) not because he's a Para!

Its one of the biggest misconceptions that armed forces personnall are capable in a 'street context', they may be fitter and more mentally robust than your average civvy, but there military training alone does not make them 'handy'!

I have countless stories of some of my doorstaff handing out quick and effcient beatings (from a self defence perspective) to many armed forces guys, including Para's/marines and if you believed the guy even UKSF!!
phoenix1379

Post by phoenix1379 »

Can someone please get this loser off the forum. If he has only come here to gob off ( and yes gobbing off is an opinion, and a crap one ) then please can someone do the right thing and eject him.
This is a friendly topic whilst having a bit of banter with other regiments and in comes this nob and decides he wants to start something, and against Sandy too. Wrong person to have a go at mate. At least he has useful things to say.
Also pal, military training gives you something that no martial art or likewise can give you, to go forward on incoming fire. That takes balls firstly and respect for the blokes around you knowing that they have your back and visa versa.
anyone can have a pop at a bouncer or take a right hook, but it takes a certain someone to risk their life for their buddies.
Thats where military training comes in, wether its Para, Marine or whatever.
So do everyone a favor, write something helpful, useful, funny or intelligent or just dont write anything at all.
_Mark_

Post by _Mark_ »

wannabeseal wrote:I have countless stories of some of my doorstaff handing out quick and effcient beatings (from a self defence perspective) to many armed forces guys, including Para's/marines and if you believed the guy even UKSF!!
You have heard stories from doorstaff...... and you believe them...Congratulations, you have told people alot about yourself.

The 'Para's' and 'marines' they 'beat up'.... Hmmm seeing as when i go home to exeter and go out on a fri/sat night. The so called marines acting tough are the RECRUITS, and the rare nights out we had in depot, yes there would be the ones who thought they were the dogs b*llocks and and react to people badly, but again they were recruits, so your bouncers are bragging about giving a 17-18 year old lad a beating. They sound like great employees.

Oh and No i dont believe the guy, how would he know if someone was SF or not, if someone is bragging about being SAS on a friday night, you know they a full of sh*t!?

I have not long used this forum and dont normally like to get involved in bullsh*t ,but when you start saying your bouncers are technically 'squaddie bashers' you are inviting this sort of comment.

Why are you even using these forums!?
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

wannabeseal wrote:

Its one of the biggest misconceptions that armed forces personnall are capable in a 'street context', they may be fitter and more mentally robust than your average civvy, but there military training alone does not make them 'handy'!

I have countless stories of some of my doorstaff handing out quick and effcient beatings (from a self defence perspective) to many armed forces guys, including Para's/marines and if you believed the guy even UKSF!!
Unless your doorstaff had been drinking vast amounts of alcohol whilst working i'd think the 'armed forces guys' would have a fair shout for it being an unfair fight.

Anyway its a pretty pointless argument, it doesnt even matter, or maybe it does to your types? im not sure the guys give two sh**s if Mr Big Mouth doorman gave them a pasting when they were on the piss, they probly laughed about it the next day, safe in the knowledge that when it counts they have more balls than said doorman will EVER have. I wonder how tough your staff would be if they swapped roles with 3 Commando Brigade in Helmand Province as of tommorow?

You do realise aswell dont you mate that you have the complete and utter safety net of the 'police threat' behind you?

The amount of times ive encountered heavy handed doorstaff is endless, but there is no way you can touch them, as they have the backup of calling the police and providing them with CCTV 'evidence', and to be fair whats the point, i'd rather crack on to the next pub, or grab a burger and go home. Im not one for 'stories' of saturday night bravado to build my ego thanks.

You enjoy your 'stories' though wont you, they sound super.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Wannabeseal (nice name, incidentally :roll: ),
your getting so boring
This is the post that's upset people. From the evidence of this thread, you're reasonably literate and can make an argument, although perhaps a little naively. But a pointless post of this will rile people, especially directed at a serving bloke who (sorry if I get this wrong Sandy) is directly involved in the training process for prospective Paras.

I've met a couple of 'weak Paras', in the sense that they're unfit and unprofessional. I've met a few Bootnecks like that too. In every branch of the Forces there's one or two who slip through the net, or just let themselves go after a few years. Not so many in the 'elite' infantry, but still some. None of us are proud of those few blokes, but they do exist.

As to getting filled in by bouncers, f@#k me, it's pretty much a hobby in the Forces, blokes get shiters and sometimes kick off. Generally it's not at the doormen in my experience, they just get involved. But the state lads get in when they're ashore sometime, it's not surprising when they lose occasionally :roll: It's all a laugh the next day, and has no reflection on their ability to do the job. I agree being in the Forces does not automatically make you handy, but most know enough to keep themselves out of too much trouble if it comes to it.

Perhaps some of the instant response to your post was a little harsh, I haven't read anything of yours outside this thread to know if it was justified. Just think a little about what you say and who you say it to before you post.