Share This Page:

Joining up

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Brummielad

Joining up

Post by Brummielad »

Just woundering what the process is of joining up for the paras, a mate of mine is interested in joining up but hasnt got a clue what to do. Obviously im attempting the marines so i cant shed any light on the subject too him.

He wants to know what comes after the application and so on in order.

Also what life would be like in the parachute regiment.

Cheers Lads
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

i dont know about para life as i am not in yet, however there are numerous posts on this site discussing that topic.

but as for the application process it goes (from what i remember) as follows -

1 - go to recruiting office and express your interest. they will then give you an application form and some medical forms for you to take to your GP.
2 - return application forms and sit the BARB test and other literacy and numeracy tests. if there is any places available then you can be loaded onto an insight course with the parachute regiment at colchester.
3 - when the careers office has got your med forms back you will have an initial interview with a Sgt. this interview is to find out what your 3 job choices are.
4 - after this you will have a final interview confirming your choice into the parachute regiment. this is where you will get your date for ADSC.
5 - ADSC is where you will get selected for the parachute regiment. you will have to complete a 1.5 mile run in 9mins18secs or less to pass, however if you can lift 116kg on the static lift you can qualify to 9mins40secs. there is also a medical, strength tests and team games (these are F**KING important). if you pass you will be sent a letter by your careers office allocating you a date to report to ITC Para depot.
6 - swear the oath of allegiance at the recruiting office
7 - report to ITC Catterick for para training.

I hope that will help your mate. good luck with the marines pal. tell your mate about this site he will find shed loads of useful information on here regarding the paras and training and preparing for depot.

Alex
Brummielad

Post by Brummielad »

What score do you have to get on the BARB test for the paras?

And cheer for the reply mate seems this forum is very quiet either that or not many people like me enough to reply. :(

Lazy Sods 8)
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

not too sure what the score is, i think its 50 or summut like that.
BIG Hal

Post by BIG Hal »

you got your intake date for depot pricate cowboy?